Getting rid of Fat Behind

Home / Forums / Fat loss / Getting rid of Fat Behind

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Hello all,

first post woo

anyway I am not exactly a fat person or anything I am quite lean especially upper half but my bottom half is very large and i believe
    my body seems to just deposit every bit of fat down there, legs and bum

at the moment i am not on any strict diet and do nothing in way of weights for my lower half or cardio , i used to do squats until i developed quite a huge bum:( should i be doing leg press and those sorts of exercises but with

reps around 12-15 on lower weight and how much cardio should i do as i want to loose the fat there and dont want to loose muscle if i can help it, as top half is quite thin

I believe I never recovered from doing squats and getting a huge bum hehe, i think some of it came from poor form as i stuck my bum out a big much when i did it

thanks ๐Ÿ˜€

March 28, 2007 at 10:57 pm #4191

Hi Beanie,

I’m afraid the best approach is probably strict diet. You should also try lifting in a lower rep range with as heavy weight as possible to help maintain muscle mass.

If your lower body is pretty muscular, you probably don’t need to do much for that.

Also although diet needs to be strict you don’t want to much of a calorie deficit. Concentrate on working out which combo of protein, fat and carbs works for you. A simple way to start would be to just have carbs after working out and stick to protein and veggies (not potato though) through out the rest of the day. Have 6 to 7 meals a day and don’t forget your good fats. If you feel that you can’t cope with very low carbs, have some at breakfast as well.

J

March 30, 2007 at 9:35 am #4192

What Dr J said ^.
    Are you male or female ? Males get the “bastard” fat deposits on their stomach and females get it on the bum and thighs.

*looks at fat stuck to stomach which refuses to budge*….oh it’s a real joy. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

March 30, 2007 at 2:16 pm #4193

hey stallion,

i am actually a male my stomache is dead skinny no fat there hehe, I think its partly a genetic thing as both parents store most of there
    fat in there butts and thighs

I still think its mostly muscle from doing squats turned into fat after so long of not doing exercises

April 1, 2007 at 10:44 pm #4194

@beanie wrote:

I still think its mostly muscle from doing squats turned into fat after so long of not doing exercises

Fortunately, muscle doesn’t turn into fat. So you’ve probably just got a genetic predisposition to store excess calories on the lower body.

Or it may be related to your current hormonal milieu. Charles Poliquin has some interesting ideas about this (Biosignature or something similar).

J

April 3, 2007 at 9:01 am #4195

I’ve heard of a condition similar to this and it could well have something to do with it. It is where some males have higher estrogen levels, hence the small shoulders and big lower section to put it politely. if your problem is that noticable to others as well as you (meaning are you worrying about nothing?) you could check that out with your GP.

dr J can you confirm this for me or is it merely an urban myth?

April 3, 2007 at 12:41 pm #4196

jeez you guys are scaring me now ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

i’m sure people out there who do no cardio and used to do squats ended up with quite big glutes, anyone else out there have quite a pronounced backside?

and one thing for loosing fat would running or walking for long peroids of time help โ“

April 3, 2007 at 9:43 pm #4197

Do you have big glutes as in muscle or is it a layer of fat ?

If it’s fat and you don’t have any on your stomach then one would lean toward the cause being a genetic disposition to store fat on your butt.

If it’s muscle, then one would wonder…how did your glutes get big enough to notice while the rest of your body lagged behind ?

Either way, if it’s fat you can burn it and if it’s muscle I’m sure the guys here can help you out with getting the rest of your body to catch up and restore balance.

There’s a famous bodybuilder (can’t remember the name) who has a huge butt…but then again he’s just huge everywhere ๐Ÿ˜†

April 4, 2007 at 6:37 am #4198

@kinmassive wrote:

I’ve heard of a condition similar to this and it could well have something to do with it. It is where some males have higher estrogen levels, hence the small shoulders and big lower section to put it politely. if your problem is that noticable to others as well as you (meaning are you worrying about nothing?) you could check that out with your GP.

dr J can you confirm this for me or is it merely an urban myth?

I definetly think its a hormone problem. The more “they” play with genetically modifing foods and putting in countless other chemicals into our daily lives its no wonder men are turning into women and vice versa.

I notived adro on ‘the biggest loser’ had a tiny lil neck, shoulders and arms, though still had tits and a fat arse, like a female’s fat ass.

April 21, 2007 at 9:21 am #4199

so if this is a hormonal thing, what is usually the course of action to get everything working properly? any ideas?

or do i have to goto the doctor or can i fix this myself?

April 22, 2007 at 5:16 am #4200

go to ur GP. Its probably nothing, dont worry, but if it is something its better to know

June 7, 2007 at 2:20 am #4201

mate thier gonna surgically put those pellats of test in ur butt…u lucky pric…
    they are the best for training

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.