Fitness tracking software

Home / Forums / All the Goss / Fitness tracking software

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Anyone know of some decent software to track my logs etc that I can download for free, I have found 1 decent one but its only a demo. I have a paper log, but the computer versions have some great capabilities ie quick summaries and no sweat marks and messy writing

February 20, 2007 at 12:25 pm #4068

I’ve had a quick look and haven’t found anything.

It’s been a while since I’ve done any programming (C++) but perhaps if we could get some ideas in this thread I might be able to whip something up.

February 21, 2007 at 4:38 am #4069

Mate only if you are really keen, I didnt think that someone would have to be sittin behind a computer for all hours nuttin it out

February 26, 2007 at 7:42 am #4070

There are quite few out there but I find that they are all shit, I reckon. They are never in kgs and take forever to fill out everytime.

February 26, 2007 at 8:31 am #4071

Well post up some suggestions…with layout diagrams if you like.

February 26, 2007 at 8:22 pm #4072

Well I belive that you need one that’s purely Australian for a start with australian foods etc.

Ideas, here’s a few.
    – Food and calorie guides converted to grams not pounds etc
    – sample diets for certain weights, goals.
    – sample work outs eg BB.com database (people are lazy and if you do all the work for them you will kill it in this market)
    – obviously the initial fitness scan for the beginning of your log which would include different things for different people eg dieters and weightlifters, chalk and cheese. This is something where a similar layout could be set but with different focuses for the different diciplines.
    – A diary to enter your daily thoughts, achievements etc.
    – A progress graph
    – A measurements table in cm and mm eg 48.26cm biceps not 18″ biceps and kg’s not pounds.
    – An impressive layout that has serious sides to it but not all, also if you can include a reminder of sorts everyday that would be an advantage also, sort of like a guilt trip installer.

Stallion if you are serious about doing something that could be genuinely marketed please PM me and I’ve got a lot more little things that would make the program a success.

February 27, 2007 at 2:23 am #4073

@kinmassive wrote:

Well I belive that you need one that’s purely Australian for a start with australian foods etc.

Ideas, here’s a few.
    – Food and calorie guides converted to grams not pounds etc
    – sample diets for certain weights, goals.
    – sample work outs eg BB.com database (people are lazy and if you do all the work for them you will kill it in this market)
    – obviously the initial fitness scan for the beginning of your log which would include different things for different people eg dieters and weightlifters, chalk and cheese. This is something where a similar layout could be set but with different focuses for the different diciplines.
    – A diary to enter your daily thoughts, achievements etc.
    – A progress graph
    – A measurements table in cm and mm eg 48.26cm biceps not 18″ biceps and kg’s not pounds.
    – An impressive layout that has serious sides to it but not all, also if you can include a reminder of sorts everyday that would be an advantage also, sort of like a guilt trip installer.

Stallion if you are serious about doing something that could be genuinely marketed please PM me and I’ve got a lot more little things that would make the program a success.

i like it the only thing that i would change is that the measuring system use both systems. like you can change from kg to pounds etc etc

February 27, 2007 at 7:21 am #4074

I think Kinmassive has put some decent thought into it and I like many of the suggestions he has made, I would really like to be able to go to a summary type page that auto calculates things like since Jan to say Sept my calves have increased by yay and im lifting 10 more kilos etc

February 27, 2007 at 9:13 am #4075

It’s all doable … keep ’em coming. 😉

April 20, 2007 at 7:52 am #4076

I know this is a bit of an old thread but I agree – there’s nothing good out there to track your progress. I too have thought about working on something, probably free on the website and a (paid for) handheld version that can go on PDA’s and Blackberry’s for people who use them.

Maybe later on down the track tie in something for personal trainers to get their clients in there, track them, etc etc. Maybe the devil that is Fitness First will buy it out 😉

So anyway, keep posting thoughts about what you’d be looking for and maybe I’ll get motivated enough to build it lol

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.