Fast Metabolism

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / Fast Metabolism

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Hey guys,

I got the fastest metabolism in the world. I will eat something…and shit it right out that same day. Ive had a six pack all my life, and when i work out i must say its hard for me to maintain the bulkyness of the muscles. Im not on anything atm, just trying to eat alot so i can get bigger. But when i push myself i get sick and find that dont have the appetite to get massive. I wanna try some protein powder, creatine or some kind of supplemant(healthy) so i can get larger. What do you guys recommend?

Thanks

November 1, 2006 at 3:21 am #3373

hey, ive always been skinny due to a small apetite so i kind of know where your coming from; however i have managed to hide my six pack for a while now haha…

all i can say is eat as much as you can basically, lots of protein, lots of carbs, and if you dont mind a little bit of fat lots of milk is an easy way to get extra calories; you can usually stomach a drink once you are already full unlike with food…

id suggest adding a protein shake inbetween meals, maybe 2 a day but maintain food consumption as well, you will be able to find a balance where you will be gaining…

also with gym sessions it would probably be smart to go no more than 3 times a week and no cardio to restrict calorie burning; make your workouts short and intense, no more than an hour…

in time you will learn to eat more, youve gotta wor on eating just like working out in the gym; it can sometimes take 2 or 3 sets to complete a meal! or up to an hour! but a shake can be handy for getting you over the edge in calorie count if eating is a really big problem…

t keep calorie loss low in a workout for most hardgainers its better to keep relatively low volume…

well this is what has worked for me so take what advice you want, in the way of supplements i just took shakes for most of my weight gain; creatine has helped me as has glutamine recently but eating big is the main thing…

ian harrison bulked over 320 pounds in the off season; he used to eat apparently 3 litres of icecream in one day some days…

mike mattarazzos apparently used to put apple juice in a blender with steaks, fish and anything he could find if he was too ful to just eat it; he would drink it instead…

ive also heard of other bulking diets consisting of KFC and other junk food…

Anyone want to add more mass tips?

November 1, 2006 at 5:14 am #3374

@Gilbey wrote:

Anyone want to add more mass tips?

Well thats pretty pants down enough. I just figure one day you may regret it, when trying to get back to a single digit body fat count. DA

November 1, 2006 at 6:07 am #3375

Wot exactly is “eating alot”

Some peoples perception of this varies greatly.

Whats ur diet? Type up EVERYTHING u would eat. meals numbered please.

November 1, 2006 at 7:23 am #3376

@Derek Amos wrote:

…you may regret it, when trying to get back to a single digit body fat count. DA

I agree. I’m a newbie though, but correct me if I’m wrong…to gain weight (muscle) you need to create a positive caloric intake ? ie: eat more than what you burn…but if you do that by eating shit then all you’ll put on is fat.

That’s my understanding of it anyway. 😕

November 1, 2006 at 9:14 pm #3377

well i dont do that, i eat extremely clean im just running through the extremes that these guys went through… having a deadly low bodyfat can itself be ugly if theres no muscle underneath it and to put muscle on can be tough without making sure the body is burning other nutrients as energy…

I know where your coming from, but if the kids having such a hard time putting weight on im just pointing out soem extreme circumstances that ppl would go to to put on weight…

Having said this 8 weeks ago i used to have a gut, no visible six pack; now i have a six pack, i think i can handle losing a few pounds of fat, oh and during those 8 weeks i increased my strength and weight…

Unbuff is right, lets see what this guys taking in each day

November 2, 2006 at 12:45 am #3378

try a whopper with cheese (or 2) its 700 calories per burger you could do with the added amounts. Also log your food intake for a week and count the calories. I have to eat somewhere near 4000 calories to maintain my mass, that is a lot of food, if your say 70kgs that is usually a lot less maybe 3000 depending on activity levels (I’m 98) and you may not really eat as much as me. Try to cut out any cardio like the guys said earlier if your goal is only mass if you cant well the shakes and stuffing your face post exercise (liquid meals are better) every day is a good way to go, you can usually take in a lot once you have exercised. But the fast food option may be a good idea for you for a few months if body fat is never a problem, just probably not the best long term health solution. Make your meals regular like 400 calories every 2 hours untill about 6 or 8 at night usually you can get in a lot of food this way. Also watch high fibre healthy foods like fruit etc they will fill you up and give you jack all calories, just once again try to limit how long you do this.

November 2, 2006 at 6:50 am #3379

exactly, if you spread the eating into say 6 meals rather than 3 you will be able to take in a lot more food altogether, unless you think you could manage 3 HUGE sittings aha… you just gotta find the balance where your gaining, if your not gaining; up the cals, pretty simple…

November 2, 2006 at 1:12 pm #3380

Thanks for the input guys. Will take it all into consideration. Just to let yous know im about 70kg, at about 182 cm tall. I pretty much eat whatever i can down, but i find that with my busy schedule i cant eat as often as id like too so sometimes i go without food for about 4-5 hours. I usually try to eat a meal late at night, and prolly get about 4 meals in a day. Also i been taking sustagen sport for extra calories, do you guys know much about this. It seems to go right through my system. Also ive noticed that when i exercise alot(cardio) i get a larger appetite, but not right away, usually a while after(2 hours).
    Sometimes i wont feel like eating much at all and when that happens i feel like im wasting all my efforts. This is why im considering things like creatine. Also i heard theres something out there that stops your body from going catabolic(eating muscles). ANyone know anything about this???

November 2, 2006 at 10:58 pm #3381

Creatine helps your train more intensely (which will probably mean you need to eat more) it doesnt directly make you much bigger besides added water gains which can easily be lost and is not real size.

Also the only way you can really not be catabolic is by intaking food constantly and watching how you train (run long distance and you will find you are going to be catabolic, do weight you will be catabolic, walk down the street its catabolism).

The way to get past some of this is too make sure your calorie intake is at or above your needs, eat regularly (2 hours would be good for you), watch your long runs etc (weight training and sprinting etc will be catabolic straight away but anabolism takes over to build muscle after a while) and having really good post workout nutrition will lessen the time you are catabolic and increase your anabolism.

There are not pills to stop you being catabolic, there are some ‘supposed’ pills that increase muscle retention while dieting yet that is not really going to help you much.

And i forgot to mention one real son of a bitch in catabolisms corner, mental stress.

November 2, 2006 at 11:12 pm #3382

glutamine is supposed to help with imunity as well as help to preserve muscle… thats why its popular as a before sleep supplement where you go for up to 8 or more hours without proper nutrition…

November 20, 2006 at 5:18 am #3383

@gosko wrote:

Hey guys,

I got the fastest metabolism in the world. I will eat something…and shit it right out that same day. Ive had a six pack all my life, and when i work out i must say its hard for me to maintain the bulkyness of the muscles. Im not on anything atm, just trying to eat alot so i can get bigger. But when i push myself i get sick and find that dont have the appetite to get massive. I wanna try some protein powder, creatine or some kind of supplemant(healthy) so i can get larger. What do you guys recommend?

Thanks

Gosko I am (but on my way to being a “was” I hope) a scrawny guy with fast metabolism as you describe yourself. I have been going to the gym for years, quite consistently without ever getting big. I have recently (about 8 wks ago purchased John Berardi’s “Scrawny to Brawny” book with what I think are excellent results (buy the book if you can, best purchase I’ve ever made). I have put on about 7kgs in 6 wks.

I would say to eat mostly clean foods rather than heaps of fatty junk foods as you will end up putting on more fat than muscle. Eat things such as lean meat (chicken, mince beef, salmon), heaps of veges and salad, nuts such as almonds, cashews, walnuts. Eat an omelot for breakfast made with eggs and veges. HAve some source of protien with every meal whether it be eggs, lean meat, or protien powder. Eat 6 times a day.

Also work on doing compund exercises such as squats, bench press, deadlifts etc. and as someone else has said, only go to the gym 3 times a week. Work on doing 5 sets of 5 reps for those compound exercises.

Search the web for workout and nutrition plans, or go to http://www.t-nation.com and check out the beginners section for heaps of good info. Or the best thing I reckon you could do is get a hold of the “Scrawny to Brawny” book.

Oh yeah and eat every 2-3 hours.

Ok gotta go eat now…..

November 20, 2006 at 11:43 pm #3384

Try the free S to B 5 day crash course

Home Page

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.