Embarrassing Training Injuries!

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / Embarrassing Training Injuries!

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

I’ve had a week and a half away from the weights room because of a niggling flu that just wouldn’t go away.

Yesterday was the first day back and everything was fine and dandy until my last exercise. Standing bicep curls.

As with the rest of the workout I picked what I thought was a reasonable starting weight and promptly smacked myself on the chin with the first rep and chipped a tooth. 😳

I finished the set. Now usually when I hurt myself in the gym I just feel sorry for myself. This time I felt like a right idiot. I’m thinking I might need a mouth guard while training in the future.

Any other tales of woe were the injury was more embarrassing than painful?

May 15, 2007 at 4:30 am #4350

YEP!

Stripping the Smith machine of plates whilst staring at a chick! pulled the 20kg plate off-didn’t see the 5kg plate in front *****smash right on my toe…tossed the 20 plate across the gym! most pain I’ve ever felt!!! 😳

May 17, 2007 at 1:03 am #4351

No! I’ve been a hundred percent perfect all the time, and I’m not embarassed to say so. πŸ™„

Well I did get a few injuries, but thats only a bunch of huha. DA

May 17, 2007 at 8:50 am #4352

Well this is more of a nuisance rather than an injuy, but the dipping machine at the gym has a foot rest that sorta ticks out and i always forget and I hit my shin on it every fckn time. i have a constantly bruised left shin… 😳

May 18, 2007 at 4:31 am #4353

i smacked my head on one of the mirrors today, im just happy it didnt break

May 18, 2007 at 7:39 am #4354

Well I recall seeing a guy put his feet up on the big mirror in front of the bench –
    WHILE BENCHING!

It didn’t break either. DA

May 18, 2007 at 7:49 am #4355

Hey, I feel better already. πŸ™‚

June 28, 2007 at 12:24 pm #4356

ive never hurt myself beside the odd catch of the fingers between weights when im takin em back to the racks, its not really work out related but its gym related πŸ˜› ive seen a guy go to shake up a protein shake @ the gym and b00m protein milk everywhere lol.

June 28, 2007 at 11:23 pm #4357

After achieving a personal best and milestone on the bench press the week before I thought I would give it a go again. So without a spotter I loaded up the 140kg onto the bar. The first rep was pushed out pretty easy so I went for the second one only to realize on the way up that there was no way i was going to push this rep out. The bar ended up on my chest, rolling on to my gut then off to one side. I felt and looked like a looser so I promptly packed up the weights and bar and went home with a red mark across my abs.

July 1, 2007 at 8:00 am #4358

Been there done that Ha Ha! But I thought I could hold it on my chest for awhile until I re enegised and slowly push it up without anyone noticing. After attempting this twice two gym buddies of mine whilst pissing themselves laughing ran over and lifted it up for me. 😳

July 5, 2007 at 5:05 am #4359

not so much an injury but embarrassing nonetheless

I did my quads/legs last night.

6×6 front quats
    8×4 hack squats
    8×3 single leg db lunges

after that my legs were just like mush, as i was walking up the stairs my legs kinda just buckled and i fell forward and almost smacked my head.

October 22, 2007 at 11:48 pm #4360

Leg pressing in the wrong kind of shorts – lets just say trying to push out a rep while the crown jewels are being pinched was interesting…

October 23, 2007 at 12:34 am #4361

@DanOz wrote:

Leg pressing in the wrong kind of shorts – lets just say trying to push out a rep while the crown jewels are being pinched was interesting…

At least you can laugh about it now. As can we πŸ˜†

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.