Drinking hot water

Home / Forums / All the Goss / Drinking hot water

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Hi guys whats up.

I need some info (which i cant find) on the positive affects of drinking hot water on a hot day?

Is it true that your body has to expend calories and “get warmer” when u drink icey cold water? With this in mind… wouldnt drinking hot water reverse this and perhaps help u cool down?

its about 35 right now and very dry. Im sipping hot water to perhaps prove this theory and im having some cool sweats and staying quite comfortable. I know if i drink cold water im gonna get warm like i was this morning…

opinions/ideas/facts all welcome.

UB

PS: The chinese practise this method also during summer. I couldnt say 1,000,000,000 are idiots for doing so… there must be something behind it.

November 11, 2007 at 10:25 pm #5505

Hot water, no. Room temperature water, yes.

As a plumber who works out in the elements all the time trust me I’ve tried it all in an attempt to keep hydrated. I have come to the conclusion that water at room temp is the ideal water to consume.

Ice cold water shocks the body and can cause you to drop like a fly. Trust me I’ve seen it happen in 42 degree heat. I’ve always consumed small amounts of room temp water all day and never had any issues.

I don’t know how hot water can actually be beneficial for you at all to be honest.

November 12, 2007 at 6:22 am #5506

Cool water will absorb energy and cool you down. Your body does expend energy to heat it but bugger all.

Hot water will add energy to your system and make you hotter. The energy in it will bleed into your system meaning that you have to burn less energy but again, bugger all.

If you are drinking to cool down, then drink cool water. If you are drinking for hydration, then just keep your water bottle in the shade.

If you are drinking hot water and feeling cool, it is mostly in your head.

November 12, 2007 at 6:23 am #5507

I wonder why the chinese do it.

November 12, 2007 at 7:35 am #5508

@unbuff wrote:

I wonder why the chinese do it.

Water quality?

November 12, 2007 at 9:08 am #5509

Have you seen some of the shit these people eat!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

November 12, 2007 at 11:52 am #5510

@kinmassive wrote:

Have you seen some of the shit these people eat!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

yes ive also seen the shit we eat. Macdonalds kfc jackas, any food outlet found upstairs of a westfield, etc… we just like masking our shit and being in denial.

November 12, 2007 at 8:10 pm #5511

My point wasn’t directly related to their food quality. It was meerly pointing out the fact that most asian cultures do some weird shit as far as their nutrition is concerned.

To be honest I don’t think someone who is keen to become muscular etc should be copying anything that the asians do, they aren’t exactly known for there buff physiques.

Now if you had of said the same about men from norway or something like that then I probably would of considered it myself. πŸ˜‰

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.