Does Exercise Make You Hungry?

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / Does Exercise Make You Hungry?

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

The Australian Magazine had an article on the weekend dissing exercise as a means of weight control.

The author suggested that people who exercise end up eating more which defeats the purpose of the exercise. My feeling is that this is not always true and may vary with type of exercise, from person to person and whether or not you have a pre or post workout shake.

When I had just a post workout drink I would be ravenous an hour or so later.

Now with a during workout drink followed by a PWO drink I really have to force the food down after training.

October 29, 2007 at 10:18 am #5446

I have no appetite for at least 1.5 – 2hrs after a workout. Thens where the PWO shake is handy

October 29, 2007 at 10:23 am #5447

im actually eating complete food after training now, and find i can really eat alot about 5 – 30mins after training.

October 30, 2007 at 3:15 am #5448

I cannot eat for at least 1 hour post work out due to the shake and when i do i can only eat small amounts and but i force myself till i dry reach

October 30, 2007 at 1:20 pm #5449

Whats everyone eating/drinking before u train and how long do u wait after that till u train.

Ive found eating a full meal at breakfast and before and after training has decreased my muscle soreness by around 50% (if i can use percentages here…)

Its led me to question the protien quality of whey itself and if its really worth it.

Ill let everyone know how i go.

October 30, 2007 at 9:18 pm #5450

Sometimes I feel hungry and other times I wait for about half an hour before eating..

October 31, 2007 at 4:32 am #5451

I dont think you really need to question the quality of whey.

In my opinion you always seem to get results from a great diet.

So a decent meal should always beat a supplement?

I just throw that out there 😯

November 2, 2007 at 2:24 pm #5452

Does Exercise Make You Hungry?

ROFL

November 7, 2007 at 8:57 pm #5453

Just reading this thread makes me hungry 😀

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.