dip and chinning belts???

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / dip and chinning belts???

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Hi Guys,

I have hunted high and low for a dip/chinning belt, Does anyone know where you can purchase them from in OZ, there are heaps that you can order from the U.S but before I get to that point, I’d really like to know if anyone has purchased one in OZ and if so from where.

Hope someone has got some good news, I am really hanging to add some weight to the dips and chins so I can get back to my low rep training in this area.

Thanks heaps

Duncan

December 12, 2005 at 9:37 am #2001

Hi Duncan,
    http://www.musclegenesis.com.au has belts for about 60 bucks from memory, order online and you should get it within a few days since you’re in melbourne.

December 12, 2005 at 8:55 pm #2002

While you’re waiting for your belt try pull-ups (sup grip) while holding a dumbbell with your feet.

Tell us how your abs feel the next day πŸ˜‰

December 12, 2005 at 10:57 pm #2003

Buy half a meter of chain from bunnings and a carabena clip and use your training belt…thats what I do πŸ˜‰

December 12, 2005 at 11:11 pm #2004

@IAN wrote:

Buy half a meter of chain from bunnings and a carabena clip and use your training belt…thats what I do πŸ˜‰

Now if I could bear to go back to Bunnings before Christmas I’d replace the dirty old rope that I use.

I’ve always wanted to try the chain and clip(s) on their own with a selve of plastic hose over the part of the chain that would then go round your waist. Bunnings may even have some neoprene tubing that might stop the chain biting in.

J

December 13, 2005 at 9:39 am #2005

I’ve always wanted to try the chain and clip(s) on their own with a selve of plastic hose over the part of the chain that would then go round your waist. Bunnings may even have some neoprene tubing that might stop the chain biting in.

What a brilliant idea I’m gonna give that a shot aswell. I would use my belt but it’s nylon.

December 13, 2005 at 10:42 am #2006

Thanks for the great advice guys,

I will check out the link to Musclegenesis, and if no luck I’ll purchase a weight belt and go to bunnings.

Thanks again

Duncan

December 14, 2005 at 9:42 am #2007

I use a girth for a saddle. It has a ring at either end, a padded webbing strap between and it fits nicely. Cost about $40.

December 15, 2005 at 10:01 am #2008

my chinning belt is as follows:

1 belt around your waist (tight)
    1 belt looping vertical around the frontside of the first belt going “through” the plates u wish to use. (holes in plates)

hope it made sense πŸ˜•

it works well.

December 16, 2005 at 4:33 am #2009

Nice improvisation guys. I’m a cheapscate and wouldn’t fork out for a belt, so I made one aswell. I used an old dog lead around the waist and a piece of chain to secure the weight. The lead has a clip at the end which easily passes through the loop at the other end, justmake sure the stitching on the lead is strong.
    The chain and/or garden hose works well too. I wouldn’t pay for a $60 belt when you can make one for about $10 that does the job.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.