Day after workout, No ache, Good or Bad???

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / Day after workout, No ache, Good or Bad???

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Hi,

I used to just have a bench and some dumbells and for 2 weeks – each day – I would pick a muscle group that wasn’t still ‘hurting’ and hit it for 30mins. Each muscle group would have a good ‘ache’ feeling for 2 days afterwards and I used this to measure how satisfying the workout was.
    Thus I always had 1 or 2 muscle groups ‘sore’ at any time.

However all at once (to get serious) I bought protien/creatine got an exercise machine and found an exersise programme to use.

My routine is pretty much…

Sunday – Cardio
    Monday – Shoulders (45 – 60 mins)
    Tuesday – Cardio
    Wednesday – Bicepts/Tricepts (45 – 60 mins)
    Thursday – Cardio
    Friday – Chest and Back (45 – 60 mins)
    Saturday – Cardio

(I don’t specifically work legs because cardio consists primarily of running)
    I use the exercise machine for curls, shurgs, rows, pulldowns, ect…

Pretty much straight away I stopped getting muscle aches, I credited this towards the creatine… but now I am towards the end of washout and I still dont get muscle aches the next day.
    I use the 2months on 1month off washout method, I don’t want this thread to turn into “Washout Good/Bad??” I like the idea of washout because at the end of the 3rd month (now) I can measure my weight/strength and its more of a ‘true’ indication of my progress.

Finally, because I have doubled the amount of workout, I also doubled the amount of ‘warm down’ (swimming or light jog).

So I think that is all the info, now my question again… Why don’t my muscles ache the day after a workout? Is this good or bad?

Also whilst my muscles ached they occasionally twiched randomly during the day… I used to think it was funny as hell, I don’t get that either anymore, why?

Thanks for any advice! 😀

April 21, 2006 at 9:01 am #2615

im guessing ur body has adapted? Try changing up exersices, setsreps, hand grip. My thoughts anyway

theres guys on this forum training way longer then me, they would know something.

April 22, 2006 at 3:11 am #2616

At the end of the day variables such as lean mass, strength and other performance variables are much more important than muscle soreness.

If you vary your rep set scheme as unbuff suggests you can keep your muscles permanently sore, trust me.

J

April 22, 2006 at 5:50 am #2617

My feeling on getting no result like a few days muscle soreness, is the routine must have been made for a dweeb. So I promptly change it to a lot more (heavier), or with shorter rests between sets. DA

April 25, 2006 at 4:09 am #2618

Okay I will try your suggestions,

Thanks Guys!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.