Cutting help *sigh* (update pics)

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / Cutting help *sigh* (update pics)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author

my goals are just to lose 3 – 4inchs off the belly, in about 6 – 9weeks, sound reasonable? i probably wont hit 6pack territory its just to look ok for my holiday.

training days
    7meals
    each meal has 40gmP/30gmC
    morning, pre/post, and bedtime meal has 20gm of fat
    post wo meal had 60gm of low gi carbs
    supplementing on myopures bcaa’s 4times a day, morning, pre/post and bedtime
    cardio 20mins HIT, 1 – 2times week, on off days
    spicing up all meals
    food sources are. Tuna, eggs, whey, sweet potato, oats, bananas, lowgi burgen bread, kidney/baked beans

I can lose fat cutting carbs out and then readjusting cals to get under maintance, but how should i go about cutting carbs? Should slowly eliminate all carb meals, except for brecky and pre/post workout? (leaves 120gms total) and replace the carbs with alittle good fat?

ive totally forgot the basics, i havent done a decent cut for awhile

cheers guys

February 11, 2008 at 12:36 pm #5938

Im no BB competitor but i think your making things way too complicated. I used to religously eat every 3 days, count my CPF and now i just eat what i think i should and shouldnt be eating and it hasnt changed things too much.

I think on your training days you should keep the carbs fairly high and obviosuly on your off days cut them right back. also, why have that much fat after training and before bed?

20 mins HIT in the morning would be good but if your doing it at night or in the day i think increase the time a lil bit to say 30-40. Also i dont think total of 40mins cardio (even if it is HIT) is enough for someone trying to lean up.

If you find dieting is hard increase the cardio, I would rather eat what i want and do cardio rather then eating tuna salads and doing no cardio….if that makes sence.

just remember if your doing what your doing and getting results, keep doing it. If not you know what to do.

Good luck.

February 12, 2008 at 1:43 am #5939

Found your post a bit difficult to read but I’m assuming the following from what I read:

Carbs at every meal
    Low GI carbs post workout was a typo and you meant high GI
    Fats post workout and
    mixing fats and carbs at some meals.

Don’t do any of those things. (edit: the high gi carbs pwo is good.)

Eat all your daily carbs prior to 3pm except for post workout if you train in the afternoon. Eat green fibrous veges at night.

Don’t mix carbs and fats. Eat fats after 3pm and not after the workout because it destroys the insulin spike you are trying to get with the simple carbs pwo.

February 12, 2008 at 2:06 am #5940

Agree with Bull.
    1) Protein every meal (40g)
    2) Training days 120gr carbs (includes High GI PWO drinks. Most carbs should be taken around breakfast)
    3) Off days 80g of carbs (most of which should be breakfast. No carbs after 3pm. Eat only fibrous carbs after 3pm.
    4) I’d ditch HIT cardio on off days. Maybe some 20minute steady state.
    5) Adjust your fat intake to take total calories to maintence or just under.
    6) No fat in your PWO meal/drink. Fat in the following meal after is OK.

Practice for 2 weeks then adjust carbs if necessary. Losing weight too quick or muscle loss add some carbs. Once protein and good fat is set, only carbs need to be manipulated.

I have also found that 1 good carb up day per week helps. I also make sure that I train this day.

February 12, 2008 at 8:04 am #5941

I would cut carbs completely other than what you get in your green veg and have a carb up meal every 3 days rather than weekly, this way you can get some fat in every meal.. Use the BCAA’s pre/intra and post training only and I would also use EAA’s. As Chad said aim for 40gms protein per meal and eat every 2.5-3hrs. I think you can loose around 800gms-1kg per week. Don’t overdo the cardio. 2-3 20min sessions per week low-medium intensity. I am doing something similar and loosing around or just under 1kg per week.

February 12, 2008 at 9:14 am #5942

ill just clear up some things.

i was following derek Charlebois diet setup, and thats low gi carbs pre/post workout, with fats!

As ive taken it… carbs meals in morning and after training totaling 120 on training, 80 on off (alittle low im thinking, but its a start)

Maintenance is around 2500 (i work physically) I adjusted fat cals to make up the total and its 100gms of fat per day and i can lower this to get into a deficit which will work out perfectly

low/med intensity cardio 1 – 2 times per week.

Bull: Can i eat fats in the last 2 meals after pwo shake? (meals 6 and 7) If u and chad say eat fats and veges after 3pm, wot am i to mix with meals leading up to working out? (meals 1 2 3 and 4 which is pre workout)

Trying to follow the guidelines i got a diet that looks like…

1 40gm protien, 40gm low gi carbs
    2 ” veges (fats?)
    3 ” veges (fats?)
    4 ” veges
    5 ” PWO shake 80gm higi carbs
    6 ” fats? veges
    7 ” fat veges

ill be eating around 50 – 80gm of fat to get into a caloire deficet

February 12, 2008 at 9:48 am #5943

Suggested diet
    1) 40gPro / 50grCho / 16gFat
    2) 40gPro /16gFat
    3) 40gPro/16gFat
    4) 40gPro / 16g Fat
    5) PWO – 40gPro / 50g Cho
    6) 40gPro/16gFat
    7) 40gPro/16gFat

The 100g of fat per day can be mixed throughout the 6 meals. DO NOT have fat in PWO meal.
    You will also pick up 20grams of carbs throughtout the day. i.e. cottage cheese, salads and veggies. This will take your total to 120grams.

As you have a physical job you may need to take the carbs to 150 training days and 100 non. Take these from your fat intake.

I do roughly the following:-
    1) Eggs & oats
    2) Cottage Cheese and almonds
    3) Tuna or Steak and salad (olive oil and avocado)
    4) Protein Shake
    5) PWO shake
    6) Meat and veggies
    7) (If needed another protein shake and nuts) or left over protein from dinner is there is any left

February 12, 2008 at 10:25 am #5944

Ok im set. 😀

the rest of the week, including next, ill slowly bring down the carbs. by this time next week, ill be at maintance, then ill start cardio and see what happens from there

much appreciated as always. Thanks guys

PS: i read spicing up most meals will help keep the metabolism kicking? anyone do this?

February 12, 2008 at 8:42 pm #5945

I’ll just add “Buy up big on veggies”. Celery, tomatoes, cabbage – red and green, peppers (all colors) etc.

Easy to slice and dice, then drizzle with olive oil and a little balsamic (spelling?) vinegar. Eat as much as you need to fill you up with low carb meals.

Oranges post workout.

February 12, 2008 at 9:24 pm #5946

alreeady done 😉

thanks again.

February 13, 2008 at 2:52 am #5947

That plan should work for you.

I personally have more carbs up until lunch and no additional fats and then hit the fats in the afternoon. Others keep carbs really low. It’s a matter of trial and error to get a system that works for you.

February 15, 2008 at 7:02 am #5948

i just have 2 last questions

is Fat ok in a pre workout meal?

is it ok to mix fats and veges together?

cheers.

February 15, 2008 at 9:07 am #5949

I wouldn’t have fat immediately before a workout.

Fats and veges should be ok because there won’t be an insulin spike anyway.

February 16, 2008 at 7:20 am #5950

Fat and vegies are great as some of the vitamins in vegies are fat soluble and need fat in the meal to be useful. Fat will also fill you up better and wont there wont be any of that insulin spilke problem from the vegies (excluding potato etc).

March 27, 2008 at 6:43 am #5951

I think im finishing off my 6th or 7th week and lost almost 2″ off my waist so far. No visual signs of muscle loss.
    cardio is 2 – 3times a week, 20min fast paced walking on the tready.
    im eating around 2000 – 2200 cals

Ive been without BCAA’s for a week, coz i ran out 👿 hopefully my new batch is in by tomorrow.
    My only carbs sources are vegetables, and spike shake after training which is around 60gms of dextrose/malto/waxy starch
    Getting in plenty of EFA’s and non around training time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.