Curls – How much is to much?

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / Curls – How much is to much?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

I swore off this type of post quite sometime ago.

And a while back when a bunch of kids would grab their crouch ala Michael Jackson after each set, I thought who cares.

But now I’ve got to vent my spleen ’cause I just couldn’t get the dumbbells I needed for my warm up at the gym today.

And I kid you not. Two guys working out together (and I use that term loosely). Each had their own incline bench, mainly for sitting on between sets, and their own set of 3 dumbbells. That’s a total of 12 dumbbells lying on the floor with a couple of identical pairs.

These guys were doing dumbbell curls when I arrived. 50 mins later after I’d finished shoulders, bi’s and tri’s they finally stopped and walked away from their personal dumbbell mountain.

Did they head out the door with me to soothe those overworked spagetti arms? No. It was over to the barbell rack for them. And I just had to wait and see what was up next for these likely lads.

You guessed it! Barbell freakin curls.

The only thing stopping my jaw from hitting the floor was, the floor it was already resting on.

October 5, 2007 at 9:14 am #5190

Doc, you need to get yourself a nice sized garage/basement and whole workout room for your self and then you will never have to see this crap again, just like I dont have to.

October 5, 2007 at 12:36 pm #5191

I know exactly what you mean J. A few years ago when I was studying to become a PT there was this dude who claimed he did 100 reps of bench etc and argued with the head trainer that this method was more effective than ineffective. 😯 πŸ™„

But Dave is right, best thing you’ll ever do. Time to spend some of that cash the legal white is giving you ha ha.

October 5, 2007 at 11:52 pm #5192

Yes, the home gyms a dream.

Just got to do a better job than the one I built out of 4 x 2 while down and out in California years ago.

Wood and nails do not a very good squat rack make. I can πŸ˜† now!

October 6, 2007 at 6:59 am #5193

Dr J, Marry off one of your kids – then pinch the bedroom fo a gym? Should be the easy part. DA

October 6, 2007 at 7:17 am #5194

Ah, yes but which one? πŸ™‚

October 6, 2007 at 7:27 am #5195

All of them I suppose

October 6, 2007 at 9:57 am #5196

@dave wrote:

Doc, you need to get yourself a nice sized garage/basement and whole workout room for your self and then you will never have to see this crap again, just like I dont have to.

good call.

October 6, 2007 at 9:59 am #5197

@dave wrote:

All of them I suppose

hmm, a workout room, each dedicated to a muscle group, in all of dr j’s childrens houses.

i like the way u think.

October 11, 2007 at 10:27 pm #5198

Hi Dr J

na u know what u do. u walk over and pretend ur one of those people who likes to give their 2 cents about everything in the gym…just go and comment on their form or something…then u pick up the dbells u want and start curling right there and then. If u want to do another excersise do that to…but all the while talking to them about anything and whatever…when ur done just move on.

knowing u, u prob teach them a thing or two as well….and flog some supps

October 12, 2007 at 3:09 am #5199

forget the curls, weighted chin up are the way to go!

October 12, 2007 at 11:48 pm #5200

πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

That’s cheered me up.

For the moment I can’t remember which of the 7 stages of grieving I’m in [ 4 more years ]. πŸ˜₯

October 14, 2007 at 2:27 am #5201

@big_phi wrote:

forget the curls, weighted chin up are the way to go!

underhand grip chins, even better. πŸ˜€

October 15, 2007 at 1:28 am #5202

I want to see you talk Mrs J into the home Gym πŸ˜€

January 15, 2008 at 4:19 am #5203

@Dr J wrote:

Each had their own incline bench, mainly for sitting on between sets, and their own set of 3 dumbbells. That’s a total of 12 dumbbells lying on the floor with a couple of identical pairs

lets face it. wankers like to take up space. lots of space. what the hell do you really need an incline bench for curls for anyway? i know theres ‘incline curls’ but come on.. who actually does that?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.