critisise my routine please

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / critisise my routine please

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

dont know if this is where i should post this cos has nutrition stuff too, but here it is:
    ps.sorry bout length

id like your input if u can be bothered on my trainig routine.
    id like to know if i should be doing things different….

im 24 175cm 100kg, bout 15bf now(went on holiday, i ate 3 breakfasts a day for breakfast followed by another 6 meals)
    lookig to do what pretty much everyone wants, make muscle drop fat.

training-(2-3sets, 4-8reps)(short rest 1min max)
    day 1
    deadlift, bent over barbell rows, pull over(i read straight arm pullover will do lats and back so i do straight here)
    shrugs, barbell bi curls (hammer or z bar.wrists cant handle straight)
    day 2
    low intensity cardio pre breakfast
    day 3
    day 4
    smith flat bench(no spotter so dont wanna risk it (ive already torn something in my chest once)
    bent arm pullover(i read this does chest), decline bench press, dips, standing military presses dumbells, sqauts, sometimes some ab work(mainly obliques)
    day 5
    day 6
    dAY 7
    SLEEP

i want to know if im hitting all the muscles.espaecially on back day.should i add something and does the military press hit middle delt.
    i want to stick with compound exercises as ive done a whole year with the whole isolation stuff and it didnt do that much for ME and i was doing way too much
    now i just want to recover properly.
    the cardio is there for my wellbeing and cardiovascular system.(i keep heart rate between 125 and 140)(should i add caffeine).

food (not exactly sure with measurements, they are estimates)
    1. 50-60g oats whey conc(scoop) honey lsa(linseed sunflower almond) cocoa, milk
    (1.5. on gym days 30min after i get to work 30 g whey conc and muesli bar(see below))
    2. scoop brown rice, 40-50g sweet potato, 40-50g green beans, about 200g chicken,25-30g mixed nuts
    3.same as 2
    4.185g tuna in oil or brine, 50g carmans muesli bar(oats,nuts,honey prot4-5g,fat8g,carb25g)
    5.usually 4 eggs,fruit,nuts
    6.casein(milk protein concentrate) with milk.
    (on gym days i have 30g whey conc with 30-40g dex/malto mix and kreatine pre gym, and 45g hydrolysed whey with 60g dex malt and 5g glutamine and kreatine post gym, half straight away,next half sipped on for 30 drive to work)
    (this food regime is 5 days a week, when not workin its random but i try get same macronutrient ratio generally though i get extra calories)

supps mornin b vit, c, e, fish oil, kreatine
    during day about 3 more fish oil spread out
    night multi vit and mineral

sorry bout length.i surprise even myself.

all input much appreciated.

thanks

March 1, 2007 at 9:02 am #4095

Hi there, I just had a quick read of your input details and can see a few quick answers, as follows

@shmick wrote:

i want to know if im hitting all the muscles.espaecially on back day.should i add something and does the military press hit middle delt.

The middle Deltoid is used as a synergist during the Military Press, see the next link at ExRx for a detailed description.
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidAnterior/BBMilitaryPress.html

Also the use of Dex & MaltODex is for after the workout to replenish the used muscle carbs, it takes the proteins with it into the muscle. I would take just Creatine & Whey with a non-sugar sweetener before and during the workout. Plus use coffee as a stim’ for energy pre-workout instead of the sugar carbs in Dex/Malt.

@shmick wrote:

(on gym days i have 30g whey conc with 30-40g dex/malto mix and kreatine pre gym, and 45g hydrolysed whey with 60g dex malt and 5g glutamine and kreatine post gym, half straight away,next half sipped on for 30 drive to work)

all input much appreciated.

thanks

March 2, 2007 at 6:47 am #4096

thnks DA
    i use the sugar preworkout cos i just wake up and im at the gym 20min later so i thought itll be better to take the sugar then as a quick way to ending the night fast and getting some more glycogen and protein in there before gymming.

i love that site

March 2, 2007 at 6:51 am #4097

@Derek Amos wrote:

The middle Deltoid is used as a synergist during the Military Press, see the next link at ExRx for a detailed description.
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidAnterior/BBMilitaryPress.html
    thanks

[/quote]

so the synergist still gets worked out?
    i dont need to add raises or something like that?

March 2, 2007 at 7:22 am #4098

if i where looking at loosing fat and gain muscle, i would look at a heavy full body work out, using alternating sets and rest progression. i found this worked the best for me in the past.

March 2, 2007 at 10:49 pm #4099

Shmick, the best side & rear delt’ routines I found ever found are these “Sharing The Secrets” Fall 1998 By Larry Scott.
    http://www.larryscott.com/bio/newsletter/98fall_2.cfm
    You may have to read the article a few times to get the right movement sorted out, but believe me they are fantastic for the side/rear delt’ development. DA

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.