Critique my diet plan please

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / Critique my diet plan please

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Hi people,

I’ve been lifting for a while (5 years) and i’ve made some decent gains. I’ve been stuck around the 86-90kg mark with about 14% body fat for some time, and it get a bit frustrating (as most of you would know) when the gains stop.

Over time I have realized that the key to gaining good size has alot to do with what we eat. I have slacked off slightly, but the intensity and lifting is the same.

So here it goes, give me feedback on my diet if you could. I aim for size and keeping the belly (somewhat) flat. Cheers guys.

Wake Up: 7am
    600mL of water with a tablespoon of Vital Greens.

Breakfast: 8am
    1 Metric cup of oats, with a tablespoon of honey, prepared in a bowl full of Hilo-milk
    Half Cup of yoghurt
    1 Metic cup of myopure protein concentrate mixed in 500mL water.
    2 pieces of wholemeal bread with vegemite
    Tablespoon of Olive Oil

Brunch / Morning Tea: 10am
    2 Tins of Safcol Tuna in Brine
    Zinc Magnesium B6 Tablet (Natures Own)
    1 Tab Fish Oil 1000mg

Lunch: Noon
    Rice and a serving of meat (Chicken / Beef / Fish)
    (All depends on last night dinner). Sorry I can’t be more specific here, but our meals at home are based on alot of rice and meats (indian cooking is all we do in my household).

Afternoon Tea: 3pm
    1 metric cup of myopure concentrate Protein mixed with 500mL water, with half cup yoghurt.
    Serving of Chick Peas with a little salt, or tin of tuna in brine, toped with a tablespoon of Olive oil.
    1 Tab Fish Oil 1000mg

Dinner:
    Serving of Meat, with rice. (Probably not good to load up on carbs late in the day?)

Nighttime:
    Half Metric Cup of Myopure Protein Concentrate.
    1 Tab Fish Oil 1000mg

Please let me know if this is a decent plan, i have seemed to not get rapid gains like I used to.

Also, If somebody can give me a tip on how much protein to take per pound / kg? And what do you guys measure your protein with if you’re going for the protein = per pound of body weight???

I have heard of things like this but never caught on. My protein intake has always been metric cups and pretty much how it is above.

Thanks people for your time, much appreciated.

I get about 7-8 hours sleep too, so I think I take decent care of myself…, results just seem to have tapered off a bit.

jay

September 23, 2007 at 3:37 pm #4889

sorry guys there seems to be tips on measuring protein and servings in other entries. My bad should have read the other posts!

September 23, 2007 at 9:08 pm #4890

Have you stopped gaining weight all together?

If that’s the case you’ll need more calories any way. It’s easy to start making gains build up some muscle and fail to add calories to the diet to support the extra mass.

Also might be worth calculating more accurate ratios of P, C and F. Indian food is not all that fatty (in my experience) so you might need to adjust C and F ratios.

J

September 24, 2007 at 8:49 am #4891

Very detailed which is great ๐Ÿ˜‰ . I think the cup uf protein is waaaay over the amount you would need for a start ๐Ÿ˜ฏ . Other than that I would say that you have set up an extremely low fat diet designed for cutting/maintaining not gaining.

September 26, 2007 at 4:45 am #4892

Cheers for the feedback Dr J and thanks for the positive feedback kinmassive.

Dr J, calculating more accurate ratios is probably one aspect that I very much ignored. I find the dieting harder then the actual lifting, so more effort is needed there. You are probably onto something…

๐Ÿ™‚

September 30, 2007 at 11:12 am #4893

how heavy were u when u started 5 years ago?

*edit* I also noticed your a fan of yogurt?? why.

September 30, 2007 at 11:39 am #4894

hrmmm I was 58kgs / 183cm…Skin and bone.

I eat yogurt because it helps digestion (for me, personally) and, well..it tastes nice! ๐Ÿ˜†

September 30, 2007 at 11:16 pm #4895

@unbuff wrote:

how heavy were u when u started 5 years ago?

*edit* I also noticed your a fan of yogurt?? why.

I’d recommend yogurt once a day for gut health alone.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.