creatine

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3nHfKXtuI8&NR=1

these guys are funny but they are honest…in this world of supplement siccofants (spelling) / fan boys and sales oriented supplementeers its refreshing to see guys like this (and stores like myopure) that are honest and know there stuff also

July 6, 2011 at 1:57 am #9081

😀

Something to make me smile on day 6 of a nasty flu!

November 15, 2011 at 5:57 am #9083

I take my creatine during my workouts with honey and water, my theory is that the fatigued muscle after each set will draw creatine and water in with it, alowing for increased muscle endurance and performance as well as aiding in recovery. Anyone see any flaws in my logic? I would also like to know if anyone knows of any trials that have been run, on when to take creatine, it is all very well and good to go with theory, but theory and action of don’t run parrallel.

November 15, 2011 at 6:55 am #9084

Yes, there is often a big difference between theory and practice.

I’ve always looked at creatine like gas in the tank. If the tanks full it’s full doesn’t really matter when you fill it up. So timing in that sense isn’t important.

However, high GI carbs do improve uptake of creatine. The mistake most people make is believing a spoon full of sugar helps this medicine go down. In fact, the studies with creatine and high GI carbs showed that you needed something like a 100g to get an effect. Later it was shown that you could cut back to 50g as long as you had another 50g of protein.

So in terms of timing, any time you’re knocking back a shake with protein and carbs is a good time to take your creatine. Especially an around (peri) workout shake. Honey (high fructose) is probably not ideal.

J

November 16, 2011 at 3:24 am #9082

Thanks, Will do it. This probably the only time in life we get to eat more sugar and feel good about it!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.