Compression Shirts

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / Compression Shirts

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Can’t train without my under armour or nike compression shirt!

Even wear them under a regular t-shirt so it’s not just because I’m a total wanker.

I’m addicted but are they doing me any good?

And on a more serious note has anyone used compression tights? Do they make for a better leg workout?

July 12, 2008 at 5:28 am #6739

Ok compression clothing or skins can make it easier for repeated effort exercise (like running mid to long distances) as they provide a SMALL benefit but I think for strength training you are not looking at any help as they do not provide enough of an elastic energy component especially in comparison to something like a bench suit.

The exercise physiologist for the western bulldogs believes it may provide a slight detraining effect as it makes their training slightly easier (mainly due to the cumulative effect over all thier training) and training effort is then decreased.

Personally I do not think it really makes that much of a difference and if you feel pyschologically better then go for it.

July 12, 2008 at 9:29 am #6740

They are used mainly for recovery. I know people who swear by them for that.

July 12, 2008 at 11:45 am #6741

@Bull wrote:

They are used mainly for recovery. I know people who swear by them for that.

How does that work? Do you know, or could you find out? (Tried googling)

July 12, 2008 at 12:47 pm #6742

Basically its helping blood circulation. I think you know the rest.

July 15, 2008 at 3:59 am #6743

Trained in compression tights back home when it was winter-legs did feel good whilst training πŸ˜€

July 15, 2008 at 8:59 am #6744

@IAN wrote:

Trained in compression tights

sexy 😯

July 15, 2008 at 11:22 pm #6745

Yes, well muscles tighten around the body, and affect the core and the bodies centre, making it stronger. This is our built in set of tights. Using tights accentuates the awareness of the bodies-centre a bit more & would make you warmer (better blood flow). DA

July 16, 2008 at 4:07 am #6746

@unbuff wrote:

@IAN wrote:

Trained in compression tights

sexy 😯

They used to be cool years ago-I think πŸ˜₯

August 7, 2008 at 11:22 am #6747

So did pulling your socks over the bottom of your trackies whilst wearing a hypercolour T shirt and smoking a lung buster…..ahhhh the good old days. I was so cool πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.