Cleanse your liver

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / Cleanse your liver

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Anybody tried one of liver cleanse ( detox ) kits you can pick up from supermarkets or healthfood stores?

The kits seem pretty pricey, around the $60-$70 mark which which makes me suspicious that like 99.9% of suppliments around that price bracket the only thing that you cleanse is your wallet.

November 8, 2007 at 6:30 am #5492

I think you answered your own question.

Milk Thistle with 80% Silymarin and NAC are great liver cleansers for half the price.

November 8, 2007 at 9:28 am #5493

I have tried one before and the only reason it worked is because:
    1. I stopped drinking
    2. My diet was really strict
    3. I drank shit loads of water.

So yeah I felt better by the end of it, but in all honesty I think it was all mental really?

November 11, 2007 at 9:08 pm #5494

@StormTrooper wrote:

I think you answered your own question.

Milk Thistle with 80% Silymarin and NAC are great liver cleansers for half the price.

Your both dead right, I should have googled it first.
    Yet again its a case of companys not quite lying and not quiet telling the truth.
    The facts are theres no science at all to back up their claims, thats why they say things like “we belleve”.
    Beware the product with that backs up claims with testimonials only.

December 4, 2007 at 9:46 am #5495

I do a detox every now and then as i LOVE my red meat but just start getting bloated and a bit constipated now and then.

For one week i eat fruit from breakfast up till noon and then light meals after that, usually egg whites, white fish, salads and fibrous types of veges. And loads of water.

This works EVERY time for me and my wife has done it with good results as well.

There is no limit to the fruit. Eat as much as you want. In one week by stomach has flattened dramatically, digestion is much, much better and i’m a happy fella again!!!! 😀

Detox programs are a wank. The only supplement i would add to this is LivaTone by NutraLife (I think)

Me

December 5, 2007 at 5:11 am #5496

For that week, how do u go getting in protien requirements or just calories in general?

I would like to try the same, but the thought of not enough protein… Are shakes ok?

December 5, 2007 at 10:00 pm #5497

unbuff,

The only time i have shakes these days is after a workout. Whey is dairy and dairy is one of the things i don’t have during a detox period.

The body goes through a natural elimination period between 4:00 am and 12:00 noon so i take advantage of this my eating the fruit. It digests in the lower intestines and due to the fibre content cleans me right out.

Eat whole fruit, not juice.

I just eat lighter protein meals after that. Egg whites, white fish etc.

It’s completely differant to the way i eat at ANY other time of the year so i don’t try and focus on getting enough protein. It isn’t the priority then.

After a week or so i go back to my normal eating and digestion is MUCH improved.

If you really have to i suppose you could have a few spoons of BCAA’s during that period but i personally don’t.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.