celiac desease

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / celiac desease

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

hi guys

i have discovered why my protien shakes are disagreeing with my guts, i have been diagnosed with celiac desease πŸ™ which basically means that i cant eat gluten or dairy. due to this i am feeling like i have just been shafted by the spiky end of the pineapple. i was thinking that i could change whey to egg powder but i have no idea on what i can use to replace Malto (wheat based) to round out my pre and post work out shakes any help will be great as i have to restructure all of my diet. Dr J can you possibly shed some light on what Dextros and WMS is derived from as wheat is out for me.
    my whole life i have been a hard gainer (most likely from the celiacs) but i am hoping that once it is sorted out i might actually see some good results for all of my hard work πŸ˜€

November 17, 2007 at 10:40 pm #5538

Sorry to hear about the celiacs. It’s a pain.

Our current dextrose and maltodextrin are both corn based (so is WMS).

They’re not certified as gluten free but that’s how the manufacturer/importer describes them.

For protein you’ve just got to work around whole foods that aren’t an issue.

You can use egg white protein powder and whole egg powder might also be an option (if eggs are okay).

We will have pea protein isolate but are waiting on stock to arrive.

J

November 18, 2007 at 12:14 am #5539

@Dr J wrote:

Our current dextrose and maltodextrin are both corn based (so is WMS).

They’re not certified as gluten free but that’s how the manufacturer/importer describes them.

thanks Dr J

on your web sight you describe your maltodextrin as being derived from wheat not corn but there is no mention of the other two but if the dextrose and the wms are both corn then fixes up my carbs problem for my post work out drinks.

i sat down for a whole day yesterday and worked out what i can eat and what i can’t with a my trusty cal counter, Eggs are still OK πŸ˜† along with all the other meat and fishes (lucky im not a vegertarian) hopefully with the food sorted i should be back on track in no time.

looking at 3500 cals for the day
    broken up into 8 x 500 to 600cal meals
    250 grams of protein
    750 grams of carbs

that should kickstart my bulking and get me back on track πŸ˜€

November 18, 2007 at 12:31 am #5540

Dextrose, maltodextrin and WMS are all derived from corn now. Just haven’t had time to update the pages.

November 18, 2007 at 2:05 am #5541

thanks Dr J

your a champion, 8) i will be placing and order soon

cheers

December 30, 2007 at 2:09 pm #5542

Gday Mate
    I’m also a Coeliac brother.. I think we should have a special handshake.

I’ve been taking Syntrax Nectar as a protein powder.. it’s far from perfect but doesn’t upset me and there’s the right amount of protein there. Just need a couple of potatoes to eat along with it.

I am just wondering if you could PM me your diet, I’d be interested to see how another Coeliac goes about bulking considering we can’t eat alot of conventional bulking foods.
    Although a suppose Coeliac is a blessing in disguise.. keeps you honest with those home-prepared foods and eating fresh is best.

Thanks man, good luck with the blood tests

December 31, 2007 at 12:26 am #5543

Why don’t you ask https://muscle.com.au/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=152 what they think of you using their name?? Can’t think of your own??

January 2, 2008 at 3:07 am #5544

I didn’t know there was an original Astroboy on the forum, but I’m sure even meatheads like yourself can see the difference between the two names.

Atta boy.

January 2, 2008 at 6:06 am #5545

ha ha πŸ˜† here we have again another clasic example of an internet tough guy, you really know how to gain respect around here mate.

And yes you did know about the name as you had to change it otherwise you wouldn’t been able to have the same name, hence the
    [difference]

Top start πŸ˜‰

January 3, 2008 at 5:20 am #5546

Cool an e-fight and I’m not involved ehehe

Hey Unbuff wanna go another round, we’re due. πŸ˜›

January 3, 2008 at 6:34 am #5547

Don’t make me reach for the Max D 5000 on the shelf behind me

πŸ‘Ώ

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.