Cardio

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

@Bull wrote:

The reason that your abs don’t need much work is that they are involved in everything else. Virtually every exercise you can think of involves stabilising the torso with abs.

ABSolutely. Squats are one of the best ab exercises 😉

April 22, 2009 at 12:13 am #8116

@dave wrote:

sounds to me like you cant tough it out with the big guys… not that i like go to pilates and yeah…

Oh, you were serious about the pilates? Man I am always game, so I’ll check it out.

Yeah I love sqauts. Ur right that does give the abs a good workout.
    I’m only doing 60kg at the moment but it’s a start.

I also try to do front squats on a smith.

April 22, 2009 at 6:06 am #8117

Try keeping your body aligned while holding out a dumbbell (small load) in front of you (straight arm) and squat then. It is a good ab stabilizer.

April 22, 2009 at 7:11 am #8118

@dave wrote:

Try keeping your body aligned while holding out a dumbbell (small load) in front of you (straight arm) and squat then. It is a good ab stabilizer.

Thats more a db dead lift than a squat though isn’t it? But I guess its more lowering the weight than picking it up so it would be considered a squat. Anyway nice one. FTW

April 22, 2009 at 7:14 am #8119

You hold the dumbbell out in front at all times, shoulder height. Only picking it up and putting it down once you are finished.

April 22, 2009 at 8:36 am #8120

@dave wrote:

You hold the dumbbell out in front at all times, shoulder height. Only picking it up and putting it down once you are finished.

Oh, my bad Dave. I get you know. This actually sounds like a great exercise and it would help the delts too I’m guessing. Sweet as, man.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.