Cardio Circuit

Home / Forums / Fat loss / Cardio Circuit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Just thought I would share my new cardio routine.

Cardio circuit.

1-2 mins of skipping
    30 crunches
    30 push ups

All three done 5 times, whilst wearing a sweat suit.

That should help me strip some unwanted abdominal fat.

June 28, 2008 at 1:21 am #6699

and it will pump the hell outta your chest and tri’s.
    Why not stick to low-med intensity walking or cross trainer.

June 28, 2008 at 1:31 am #6700

Well ive been running, walking and riding exercise bike but cant seem to lose the weight. So I figured I’d give this a go

oops made a mistake on first post, its 5 times over not 10

June 28, 2008 at 2:23 am #6701

Can we see your diet?

June 28, 2008 at 2:44 am #6702

I dont have a set diet but I will tell you what I do eat.

Breakfast – 40g whey with tsp glutamine & tsp creatine, Quick oats or scrambled eggs with wholemeal muffin

Snacks- muslebar, fruit, yoghurt

Lunch – Sandwich no butter with salad filling or a high carb meal I make up which includes brown rice, 4 bean mix, avacado, cucumber, capsicum, cheese, garlic, big can of tuna in water, and carrot. I add chick peas or lentils instead of beans sometimes.

Pre work out- high carb salad (above) or baked beans or sweet potato. 40g whey with tsp glutamine and tsp creatine.

Post work out – 40g Whey with tsp glutamine and tsp creatine. I dont have carbs straight after training, so i just wait for dinner.

Dinner – Chicken breast with veg, steak with veg. Basically I dont have fat or high carbs in my dinner.

Before bed- multi vitamin and some times whey shake.

I only have whey in morning and before I do cardio on my off days.

Also I drink shit loads of water around 3L if not more

I get so hungry at night time after dinner its not funny, so I will eat fruit, carrots or vita-wheats to fill me up.

June 28, 2008 at 5:28 am #6703

Can you explain to me why you are wearing a sweat suit?

All it does is promote water loss via sweating, great if you need to make a certain weight grade for one day but no good if you want to keep that weight of and stay healthy

June 28, 2008 at 7:50 am #6704

I’m wearing the suit to do exactly that, lose fat. Do you think its a bad idea?

June 28, 2008 at 9:23 am #6705

Uh sweat suits do exactly what the name says… make you sweat. They in no way make you lose fat you just lose water which dehydrates you and makes you perform worse.

June 28, 2008 at 10:55 am #6706

well I was under the impression that it makes you lose weight, I seen it on the ultimate fighter and that was the day before a fight to make weight for weigh in. I just figured you can do it on a regular basis. I wont use it no more

June 28, 2008 at 11:12 am #6707

Thats good I wouldnt want you to dehydrate yourself and maybe collapse one day.

June 28, 2008 at 1:47 pm #6708

The good thing is I only tried it once which was yesterday, glad I mentioned it

June 29, 2008 at 8:00 am #6709

Diet looks good for you to lose weight but I will say that 3L of water is not shitloads. I’ll drink 3L before 10am some days.

The best thing you can do for cardio and weight lose is as so:
    – 2 – 3 times a week
    – Sprint, jog, sprint etc 30mins min.
    – Jog a good 7klms (keep heart rate constant if you can/flat road)
    – Add a cardio weights session. They are great to mix it up a little.

Things like sit ups should be done at the end of each work out for you. Push ups can be for warming the pecs and skipping can be done for a few minutes prior to each work out. Cage fighters train the way they do because of the sport THEY do, so unless you fight I wouldn’t be getting fitness tips from them. And yeah they wear a sweat suit to drop weight for a fight, it doesn’t last cos the moment they make weight they gorge on high carb food for the nite.

Ab fat…man that takes forever to get rid of, so unless you are thinking of competing I would suggest you build the rest of your body bigger so it looks smaller ha ha. Oh yeah I hate diets.

June 29, 2008 at 8:09 am #6710

Its all getting to much. I’m not seeing any results and I’m starting to lose interest.

June 29, 2008 at 9:37 am #6711

Well before you give up, I strongly suggest googling the KETO diet for losing fat.

It looks wild, but believe me it works very well, and I don’t think you’ll have a problem with the food selection ๐Ÿ˜‰

that combined with what you’ll doing plus a little extra patience and you fat will come off, I promise

June 29, 2008 at 11:12 am #6712

MAN UP!! ๐Ÿ™„

You give up now and you’ll make excuses for everything you think is to much for the rest of your days, don’t become one of the ‘sheep’.

Stop taking it so seriously for a start and just enjoy the whole thing. It has taken you 24 years to get to where you were, so expect it to take time.

I’ve been doing it for about 4-5 years and there are days I get down on myself, but i could never stop now, it’s just what i do.

Like I’ve always said, you don’t compete, you live….so just live mate. Just make sure that living includes exercise and a reasonably good eating regime. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.