can i put on 5kg in before 2008?

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / can i put on 5kg in before 2008?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

my goal is to reach 78kg by the end of the year ..

i’m 6’0, 73kg and 6.5% bodyfat (regularly measured)

trying to keep the same level of BF (enjoying the definition) .. i’m still too skinny at this height i think 78kg would be reasonable goal.

September 30, 2007 at 10:19 pm #4924

Well my first question is….is that you in the avatar?

October 1, 2007 at 1:42 am #4925

yeh .. with a webcam – 40 push ups, flex hard, under ceiling lights, taken about a year ago 74kg .. just good lighting mate and the crap camera increased contrast and even gave me that ‘tan’

October 1, 2007 at 3:09 am #4926

Well if it were me then I would be praising your parents, because you’ve obviously got a great metabolism and good genetics to boot. So the answer to your question would be a definate yes. I’d go onto some blitz type training and a clean bulk diet for the duration between now and then and have a break around xmas time.

Once you have reached this goal I would be buying your parents a top pressie this year.

October 1, 2007 at 3:24 am #4927

thanks mate,

a lean 5kg by xmas would be awesome .. i think genetics do play a role as i have mates at the gym who see i eat reasonably clean but do no cardio and pretty much have 6-7% bodyfat all my life…

my current workout is
    monday: (benchx3,shoulder pressx3,dipsx3)
    wed: (squatsx3, extensions, leg curls)
    fri: (pull upsx3, rowsx3, curlsx3)

October 1, 2007 at 4:41 am #4928

You must eat really well.

Do you do any cardio?

And is that all you do for training? Just doesnt seem like much – I guess if your lifting over 100kg for each lift myabe 🙂

October 1, 2007 at 4:50 am #4929

@Spilz wrote:

You must eat really well.

Do you do any cardio?

@melbourne22 wrote:

i eat reasonably clean but do no cardio

A lean 5 kg will be difficult but not impossible I think. I would be going with some really high volume training with heavy lifts for a start, but expect to gain some fat….c’mon.[/quote]

October 1, 2007 at 7:20 am #4930

i really think it does come down to being ‘lucky’ as kinmassive says. My mate does about 1000 calories a day in cardio and still struggles to get under 9% ..

no i dont do much cardio, i do swim a few laps occasionally ..

yeh that’s all i do i try to be as intense as possible then go home .. that’s my workout. my reps are 8,6,4,2 ..

my diet is mostly unprocessed foods oats, fruits, boiled chicken, brown rice, nuts .. and i don’t really have cravings for bad foods .. and on average i’d say i drink 1-2 drinks a week (usually beer or vodka).

while the photo is impressive i’m still 6′ 73kg .. might take another photo to give you an idea how much i need the extra 5kg

October 2, 2007 at 9:10 pm #4931

Go to t-nation and do a search on carb cycling.

There’s a good article somewhere by Thibedeau that probably worth a try for clean bulking.

Unfortunately, in my experience, there comes a point were no matter how good the genetics and metabolism were the tendency is to add more fat than muscle. And for the naturally lean it can be harder holding onto that muscle when dieting down.

October 3, 2007 at 7:40 am #4932

@melbourne22 wrote:

yeh .. with a webcam – 40 push ups, flex hard, under ceiling lights, taken about a year ago 74kg .. just good lighting mate and the crap camera increased contrast and even gave me that ‘tan’

but its still u

October 3, 2007 at 9:36 am #4933

if the workouts are very high intensity and the calories are only a mild surplus can a higher muscle to fat ratio be expected ?

October 4, 2007 at 3:09 am #4934

I think the key is to nailing down the diet.

Pick a dietary schema, then, measure, record, adjust – total cals, timing, macro nutrient breakdown.

I know that my results would be better if I paid more attention to diet.

October 4, 2007 at 10:59 am #4935

dr j i agree this is the most scientific way to do it

November 10, 2007 at 3:23 am #4936

How is your progress?

November 15, 2007 at 5:21 am #4937

terrible ! 73kg ! inconsistent diet. bloody hell ..

but thanks for asking. without pre-prepared meals every day (500g chicken 250g rice in plastic containers, walnuts, 2 bananas, protein shake etc)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.