Cable preacher curl

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / Cable preacher curl

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Does anyone here have these included in there routines? Since i started my 2 day split (bout 3 weeks ago now ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ) they’ve been awesome on the biceps, especially with slow tempo it burns like hell.

February 17, 2006 at 11:35 pm #2337

If the weight keeps increasing then keep doin’ it brother. But no I don’t personally use them in my routine, I try to stay clear of any machine exercises if I can help it. Reason, I found that if I used to many machine exercises for to long I found the free weight alternatives really hard due to the small stabalizers not having been used.

February 18, 2006 at 1:05 am #2338

@unbuff wrote:

Does anyone here have these included in there routines? Since i started my 2 day split (bout 3 weeks ago now ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ) they’ve been awesome on the biceps, especially with slow tempo it burns like hell.

I also have been doing them for about a month now, slow tempo, extending all the way down and all way up under my chin and holding for 3 secs (concentrating on the positves and the negatives). And yeah they burn like hell ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
    Another little thing that I’ve started doing, and it’s so effective is when doing dumbell and barbell curls and preachers is to NOT rap your thumb around the bar or dumbell, instead put them underneath the bar or dumbell. I find this isolates the biceps and cuts out using the forearms.

February 18, 2006 at 1:50 am #2339

oh yeah, i must try it

February 18, 2006 at 2:12 am #2340

Yeh! I used to do them lay flat on the floor-simulating a standing curl-but as KM says don’t do them all the time maybe every other week.

As Juiced up said have a go at not wrapping your thumbs round the bar..I also have been trying this out-feels funny at first but really focuses on the Bicep ๐Ÿ˜‰

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.