Buying Home Gym Equipment

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / Buying Home Gym Equipment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

Newbie to the forum here, glad I found an Aussie training forum!

If any of you use the T-nation forum I have the same username so I may have spoken to you on that before.

Anyway, the reason for my post is that I am thinking of putting together a home gym (on a limited budget!) and need some help in locating certain items in Australia. I have been doing a lot of research, especially on e-bay and trading post, so I know about suppliers such as Cyberfit and Crazy Cheap Fitness etc etc.

I am just seeing if anyone has used equipment from these suppliers or has any recommendations for the following items:

1. Olympic Barbell with revolving sleeves suitable for dropping on the ground when doing O-lifts.

2. FID Bench

3. Bumper Plates for O-lifting

4. Olympic DB Handles

5. Rubber strips for building my own lifting platform (any good secondhand or scrap dealers that you know of, this stuff is expensive new!)

6. Foam Roller for deep tissue massage

7. For the Sydneysiders, do you know of any good engineering shops who could weld together a basic rack and/or squat stands and chinup bar? Due to space limitations in my garage I can’t fit in a normal size power rack and will need to custom design one to suit. Also, I will probably get a set of farmer’s walks bars made up too.

If anyone has ideas or suggestions about the above items it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben

September 3, 2007 at 11:48 am #3246

@bg100 wrote:

1. Olympic Barbell with revolving sleeves suitable for dropping on the ground when doing O-lifts

http://www.fitnessgeneration.com.au/

@bg100 wrote:

3. Bumper Plates for O-lifting

Rubber mats from Bunnings.

@bg100 wrote:

4. Olympic DB Handles

Why would you want these?

@bg100 wrote:

5. Rubber strips for building my own lifting platform (any good secondhand or scrap dealers that you know of, this stuff is expensive new!)

Got any factories with conveyors anywhere near you?

September 3, 2007 at 8:23 pm #3247

Umm Look in the papers and places like Cash Converters maybe?

September 3, 2007 at 8:47 pm #3248

@SpilZ wrote:

Umm Look in places like Cash Converters maybe?

CASH CONVERTERS!! 😯

Spilz they are the biggest rip off under the sun. They are primarily there for drug addicts etc to flog off stolen goods and their own stuff for their next hit and also for people with no common sense who get their loans from there.

I hate the scumbags who invented that place. πŸ˜†

September 4, 2007 at 2:39 am #3249

i dont think drug addicts cant be arsed stealing people’s home gyms though lol

September 4, 2007 at 10:34 pm #3250

Yeah i agree with some of those statements but i picked up a weight bench there about a month ago that was brand new in the box and im happy with it.

SOmetimes stores like that get some good, cheap stuff πŸ™‚

September 4, 2007 at 11:18 pm #3251

Yeah I spose it would be different in the bigger cities, more competition. Here in Toowoomba it’s totally fucked. Example; I bought a nailbag for one of my apprentices for $20 at bunnings about 1mth later I went to CC to checkout their stuff and there was the same bag (2nd hand) for $40!!!!

Sorry to venture off topic but rip offs shit me off.

September 29, 2007 at 10:42 pm #3252

Everytime I’ve walked round one of those Cash converter type shops there always as expensive as buying them new πŸ˜†

October 1, 2007 at 4:42 am #3253

hehehe yeah most of those shops are a rip off.

October 22, 2007 at 6:10 am #3254

I had plans for a rack at one stage & got quotes to have it made up. The cheapest came in at $2500 – was much cheaper to buy a rack.

October 22, 2007 at 11:30 pm #3255

To buy barbells, check out http://www.australianbarbellco.com/

November 29, 2007 at 1:35 am #3256

Ben

If you are still looking, I have a pretty complete set up for sale on ebay – power rack, bench, oly bar, 300kgs of plates and plate tree, and heavy duty matting. Pickup only though – I’m in sydney.

Click here

November 29, 2007 at 6:17 am #3257

@mcham wrote:

Ben

If you are still looking, I have a pretty complete set up for sale on ebay – power rack, bench, oly bar, 300kgs of plates and plate tree, and heavy duty matting. Pickup only though – I’m in sydney.

Click here

I’ll say it again

Posts like this shit me. Comes here having never contributed, uses the forum for free advertisement and f_cks off probably never to be heard of again.
    Piss off.

December 4, 2007 at 3:44 am #3258

Hehehehe πŸ™„

December 4, 2007 at 4:48 am #3259

@StormTrooper wrote:

@mcham wrote:

Ben

Click here

I’ll say it again

Posts like this shit me. Comes here having never contributed, uses the forum for free advertisement and f_cks off probably never to be heard of again.
    Piss off.

ST, Yur not gonna welcome new guests to much then. DA 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.