bulking question

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / bulking question

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

im just curious how long people stay on a bulking diet.
    do you set a time limit, weight goal/limit or something else.

July 11, 2006 at 5:38 am #2778

When you start getting beyond your safe feeling, and start feeling to fat. For me this is generally around 12-15%ish, at that time I think I might have gained lots of muscle, but really I’m lying at myself and most of its fat.

So, I turn around and race off the other way, until I get below 10% and feel better. DA

July 11, 2006 at 9:25 am #2779

I went from 1996 to 2002 without cutting but I didn’t get fat either so it might not count.

I think it depends how hard you want to bulk. If you are getting fat then you need to stop at some point otherwise just soldier on.

July 11, 2006 at 10:08 am #2780

wow bull your diet must have been spot on to do it for that long.

July 11, 2006 at 10:43 pm #2781

@Derek Amos wrote:

When you start getting beyond your safe feeling, and start feeling to fat. For me this is generally around 12-15%ish, at that time I think I might have gained lots of muscle, but really I’m lying at myself and most of its fat.

So, I turn around and race off the other way, until I get below 10% and feel better. DA

12-15%..thats when I start bulking πŸ˜†

July 11, 2006 at 11:52 pm #2782

@IAN wrote:

@Derek Amos wrote:

12-15%..thats when I start bulking πŸ˜†

Different strokes for different folks! Ecto’ types prefer to feel thinner. DA

July 12, 2006 at 1:21 am #2783

Why is it us ‘ectos’ get the nerdyest sounding body type? ‘Endos’ and ‘mesos’ sound so much cooler……….Why cant we be ‘gnarlyomophs’ or ‘badassomorphs’???? I guess it’s something only an ectomorph would get pent up about!

July 12, 2006 at 7:27 am #2784

Dorian Yates was one, he just got pent up enough to change himself. So nows the time- Go Like Bloody Hell- at the weights. DA

July 12, 2006 at 9:31 am #2785

@Blackheathen wrote:

Why is it us ‘ectos’ get the nerdyest sounding body type? ‘Endos’ and ‘mesos’ sound so much cooler……….Why cant we be ‘gnarlyomophs’ or ‘badassomorphs’???? I guess it’s something only an ectomorph would get pent up about!

Use to bug me too! πŸ˜‰

July 13, 2006 at 4:02 am #2786

So nows the time- Go Like Bloody Hell- at the weights

I’m giving it all she’s got captain!!
    I tell you who is one pent up dude – Dorians training partner in his blood and guts video…..yikes. Sorry I’ve taken this a bit off topic πŸ˜€

July 13, 2006 at 5:43 am #2787

May be thats the missing element.

We just need someone screamin at us.

July 13, 2006 at 6:43 am #2788

If Flex Wheeler, Frank Zane and Larry Scott can overcome skinnyitis then so can we.

Ecto no mo!

July 13, 2006 at 9:28 am #2789

My old lady screams at me all the time! Just seems to make me skinnier!! In all seriousness though I think you are right Dr J, having a training partner pushing you makes a huge difference.

Flex was an ecto? Wonder if guys used to kick sand in his face and call him ‘Flecto’?

July 14, 2006 at 5:41 am #2790

i think im more of an endo. but is it possible for peoples body type to change. when i was still in primary school im sure i was an ecto. is it possible to change as you get older?

July 14, 2006 at 12:16 pm #2791

@mr 32 wrote:

wow bull your diet must have been spot on to do it for that long.

Quite the opposite mate. My only diet knowledge was eat heaps of meat and not much junk. I’m not naturally a huge eater and I don’t like getting fat so I just floated along.

Almost everything that I know about diet (which is not a lot) I have learned here and other forums over the last few years.

The mirror is the only tool that you need when it comes to bodyfat.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.