Body Builder Friendly Nutritionist

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / Body Builder Friendly Nutritionist

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Im after a bodybuilder friendly nutritionist in Sydney. Does anyone know someone?

Ive been having trouble with my diet. So i decided to go to a nutritionist. The guy that I went to had trouble understanding why i needed protein shakes in my diet at all!! the spac!!! So I’m wondering if anyone around here from the Sydney area has been to anyone that was helpful and can reccomend them to me?

Any help at all would be most appreciated

April 28, 2007 at 2:21 am #4286

@swiz wrote:

The guy that I went to had trouble understanding why i needed protein shakes in my diet at all!!

That’s not as silly as it sounds. protein shakes are over-rated.
    Cheers ST

April 29, 2007 at 11:48 pm #4287

well…thats why I’m having trouble with my diet hehe. ATM this is the most important thing to me. Basically I need to be educated. I dont think I totally grasp the importance of cdertain foods within my diet and what various things do etc..

I have a diebetic dad who also had high bp so he is always watching his diet. So I have learnt a fair bit from him in terms of how to properly cook vegetables, what potassium does to the body ldl & hdl, etc.. But I still dont have the education I recquire. I only got serious with weights about 6 months ago, previous to that I had worked out all throughout uni (on and off) without ever taking glutamine or protein or anything else. Basically atm I am not competent in terms of dieting. My diet has improved drastically in the last 6 months but I dont know certain things…for example I was under the impression protein shakes were a must have in a diet esp for recovery after workout. Ive met ripped up and huge bodybuilders at my gym who dont take shakes…but I never thought about how they do it..I just always thought for me it was a must..

April 30, 2007 at 7:19 am #4288

A whey shake after a workout is fine. But i question the need for them other times of the day (unless emergency, running late or meetings etc)I
    Swiz, if you want some info on nutrition I have some e-books PM me.

April 30, 2007 at 11:52 am #4289

@StormTrooper wrote:

A whey shake after a workout is fine. But i question the need for them other times of the day (unless emergency, running late or meetings etc)I

I agree and dis-agree (surprise, surprise!).

In a perfect world, hydrolysed whey with high GI carbs before, during and after training is the best form of nutrition.

Solid food meals are just not as good.

The rest of the time whole food meals should do the trick. Whole food meals can be a pain to prepare so shakes can be a convenient way to meet your caloric requirements. Also if you really go to town with a shake and add all sorts of whole food/fruit goodies it almost counts as a whole food meal.

However, some people (like me) would never put on any weight if it weren’t for liquid calories. We just get to full cramming down all that chicken and sweet potato.

And while I’m preaching, I believe almost everyone would benefit by having at least 30g of whey every single day. It’s a healthy food.

J

May 1, 2007 at 10:22 am #4290

@Dr J wrote:

@StormTrooper wrote:

I agree and dis-agree (surprise, surprise!).

hahaha no it dosen’t surprise. It’s just that i see it all too often. Guys struggle to put on mass and they think the secret is to down more shakes, and i was like this once too. When i woke up and smelt the coffee I realise more food was the answer, so i just use 1 shake post workout or as i said before in emergency situations. How many guys i know just have breakfast, lunch and dinner and have a shake between these meals and they wonder why they aren’t putting on muscle. They always think it’s the training that’s not right, so they try to train harder, longer, to no avail (yes that was me again), but 95% of the time it’s their diet and nutrition that is the problem.
    rant over
    Cheers ST ๐Ÿ˜‰

May 1, 2007 at 12:48 pm #4291

shakes still are calories, and calories to be counted into a diet like food. you can still make 0 gains eating only solid food also.

excess Calories in, isnt that what its about.

May 1, 2007 at 9:31 pm #4292

Protein shakes are Supplements ๐Ÿ™‚ they supplement your diet! They are also very convenient, as long as your getting protein and calories in don’t split hairs where there coming from just eat it…or drink it ๐Ÿ˜€

May 2, 2007 at 6:23 am #4293

Yeah, but you’ll find most people aren’t supplementing their diets with shakes, they are replacing meals with them. So if one was going to have 3 meals and three shakes and another was having 6 meals per day, I know what I’de rather, 6 meals.
    Cheers

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.