Binge Eating Study

Home / Forums / All the Goss / Binge Eating Study

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

** This post has admin approval**

Seeking Participants for a Binge Eating Study.

http://www.deakin.edu.au/psychology/research/bingeeating/

My name is Katy Hill and I am a researcher at Deakin University, Australia.

I am conducting an anonymous online study to investigate the connections between binge eating, and a number of emotional factors such as anxiety and depression.

The survey will take you about 15 minutes to complete. The survey is open to both men and women.

If you are 18 years or over and interested in knowing more about the study please click the link and you will be taken to the survey site. At the survey site you can read more about the survey, and if you choose to, complete the survey anonymously. This survey has ethics approval from Deakin University, Australia.

http://www.deakin.edu.au/psychology/research/bingeeating/

Cheers, Katy πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

August 20, 2009 at 9:59 am #8469

That’s 4 forums you’ve spammed this on, I wonder how many more?

August 20, 2009 at 11:24 am #8470

Just put down the ice-cream and do the survey you big skirt. πŸ˜‰

August 21, 2009 at 12:45 am #8471

It’s not spam if they ask first πŸ™‚

August 21, 2009 at 9:22 pm #8472

@Bull wrote:

Just put down the ice-cream and do the survey you big skirt. πŸ˜‰

Thanks. 😳
    And I did take the survey.

August 21, 2009 at 11:04 pm #8473

Hi, many thanks to those who have contributed so far!!!

Binge eating is unique as it is as prevalent in males as it is in females, however binge eating in guys is under researched.

More male participants are needed for this research. If you are thinking of participating please follow the link in the original post to read more about the research.

Cheers, Katy

August 27, 2009 at 8:29 am #8474

I wish I could have been involved before I started dieting…damn!!

August 27, 2009 at 12:25 pm #8475

I asked her to provide results. let’s see if she does or I will be e-mailing her back and it won’t be pleasant.

August 27, 2009 at 8:56 pm #8476

You’re a hard man ST.

August 27, 2009 at 9:41 pm #8477

@StormTrooper wrote:

I asked her to provide results. let’s see if she does or I will be e-mailing her back and it won’t be pleasant.

Have you posted anything useful in the last 6 months yourself mate?? It seems everytime I get on here you are ragging on someone or going on about shit like you are now. I’ve let it go because I have been waiting for some pool of knowledge from you or some major contribution but I am still waiting.

You yourself seem like someone who frequents alot of boards as well so whats yor caper??

August 27, 2009 at 10:52 pm #8478

Hi ST, I am not sure if i have received an email from you for the final results of the study. Of course I don’t know your real name so I can’t be sure. Can you please either pm me your email address or email it to khill@deakin.edu.au

cheers, Katy

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.