beta alanine

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / beta alanine

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

worth buying?

July 11, 2009 at 12:04 am #8407

Theory says yes, practice says ???

Early days. And I think for most people it may not make a lot of difference (with one qualification) but it you’re really pushing the envelope worth a try.

The qualification? I think the physiological response (tingling sensation) could have a strong placebo effect and there’s nothing wrong with that.

July 11, 2009 at 9:36 am #8408

like creatine, longer your on it better it is. Remember to cycle it like creatine too

August 7, 2009 at 4:13 am #8409

Bought a pump action creatine that has beta alanine in it and caused face and espicialy ears to go red and itch like crazy while trying to workout. Anyone else had this or just on the newbies and dissapears after a while?

August 7, 2009 at 11:12 am #8410

yeah its a reaction everyone gets
    some got the fight or flight feeling

only thing turning me off from trying it.

August 7, 2009 at 11:42 pm #8411

This is the problem with having Beta-A mixed with creatine. It makes it hard to adjust the dose of each.

Although having thought about it a little while typing, it might do more good than harm to split the dose over several smaller doses during the day.

Start by trying a half serve, if that’s better take twice a day. Otherwise try a third of a serve, if that works take 3 times a day, etc, etc.

Better way to take the Beta-A and not sure if there’s any research that relates to this with creatine (apart from loading protocols).

August 8, 2009 at 2:30 am #8412

Might try something else without BA in it in that case. Got it for a bigger pump during workout with bcaa’s, prob defeat purpose taking different doses during day?

August 9, 2009 at 1:05 am #8413

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/supplement_superstar

I didnt bother reading it (way to early on a sunday) but im sure it has what your looking for.

August 9, 2009 at 3:01 am #8414

You could just save your money and not get any supplements. They will make a difference when you are experienced but at you beginner stage you will see dramatic improvements without supplements.

May 31, 2011 at 11:57 pm #8415

Exercise in humans results in production of lactic acid (from anaerobic glycolysis) and carbonic acid (from excess carbon dioxide produced by respiration to supply the extra energy). The side effects of this acid release is the production of H+ ions

Many studies show that H+ ions fatigue skeletal muscle quicker

Carnosine helps stabilize muscular pH by soaking up hydrogen ions (H+) that are released at an accelerated rate during exercise.

Muscle carnosine synthesis is limited by the availability of beta-alanine.

So I guess that would mean its probably better for days when you mix cardio in with strength training?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.