Add up to 1inch to your Biceps in 3 weeks!

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / Add up to 1inch to your Biceps in 3 weeks!

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

I read this article on bb.com (dont hate me Dr J πŸ˜€ ) So I thought why not ill give it a shot, its only 3weeks! The 3 times a week arm mass routine consists of 2 exercises. Close grip benching (tris) and partial seated barbell curls (bis) (mon, wed, fri)

u do the 2 exercises after each other doing 2 sets. first set is as much weight as u can pump away with and just complete 8 reps (sub failure). rest 40 seconds. Then increase the weight rougly 10% and rep away as much as u can to failure

I just finished and gained almost 1/4inch on my arms. I also stopped cardio and increased my calories a tad.

I just thought id post my results, and maybe it might generate some interest for others to give it ago.

PS: during the 3weeks u dont do anyother direct arm training whatsoever.
    PLUs your strength will shoot up! (thats the key) my close grip went up 13kgs and my curls went up 8kgs. U must get stronger in order to grow.

December 19, 2005 at 8:28 pm #2051

@unbuff wrote:

I read this article on bb.com (dont hate me Dr J πŸ˜€ )

It’s the links to the store that drive me mad. BB.com are not all bad, just a too much like the print mags for my taste.
    @unbuff wrote:

I just finished and gained almost 1/4inch on my arms. I also stopped cardio and increased my calories a tad.

That makes the claim of by 400%. Geesh, I love using statistics for evil 😈 Still Poliquins 1 Day Arm Cure claims an inch in a day!

Seriously, good strenght gains. Congratulations.

J

December 20, 2005 at 6:34 am #2052

yeah i reacon those 1 day cures are BS imo, its mostly swelling.

im back to normal curls now, and going to do that above routine again in about 6 – 8weeks

December 20, 2005 at 7:17 am #2053

@unbuff wrote:

yeah i reacon those 1 day cures are BS imo, its mostly swelling.

im back to normal curls now, and going to do that above routine again in about 6 – 8weeks

That will be the real test!

J

December 21, 2005 at 12:16 am #2054

Ive had all kinds of problems with my bi’s until recently.
    Ive tried everything and nothing really made much of a difference until now.
    Slow ,strict chin ups.
    2,1,4 tempo, aim for 3 sets of ten, three times per week ( I do full body 3x per week).
    I vary between narrow grip and a shoulder width grip, day to day and can honestly say that Ive added more than 1/4 inch in the last two weeks.

December 21, 2005 at 9:06 am #2055

@Andrew69 wrote:

Ive had all kinds of problems with my bi’s until recently.
    Ive tried everything and nothing really made much of a difference until now.
    Slow ,strict chin ups.
    2,1,4 tempo, aim for 3 sets of ten, three times per week ( I do full body 3x per week).
    I vary between narrow grip and a shoulder width grip, day to day and can honestly say that Ive added more than 1/4 inch in the last two weeks.

no shit, i was doing pullups (palms facing in) with a grip of 6inchs. i might get back into it but with the slower tempo. I fullbody also.

December 21, 2005 at 12:55 pm #2056

no shit, i was doing pullups (palms facing in) with a grip of 6inchs. i might get back into it but with the slower tempo. I fullbody also.

That could be your problem right there unbuff…a person with your metabolism in my opinion would be better off with a split. Training each muscle group 3 times per week could be doing you more harm than good.

Slow reps are always a good way to go eg 1,2 down 1 hold 1,2 up. Any longer and it nearly becomes an isometric type contration.

December 22, 2005 at 9:36 am #2057

@kinmassive wrote:

Slow reps are always a good way to go eg 1,2 down 1 hold 1,2 up. Any longer and it nearly becomes an isometric type contration.

Nearly, but not quite πŸ˜€
    Im just ensuring that there is NO momentum involved at all and that tension is kept on the muscle at all times.

December 22, 2005 at 9:02 pm #2058

Heres a bit of a read on rep speeds etc, sorry if this is off track for you unbuff. πŸ˜‰

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tempo.htm

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459467

http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/super-slow-weight-training.html

I tried these methods last nite with bi’s and tri’s. It worked a treat for the burn and i followed up with a final set of as many reps as possible (16-20) with form but a lot quicker. Baby what a pump! But alas no pain this morning…maybe tomorrow. πŸ˜€

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.