About me

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Hi to all,
    I’m new to the game and have been training for 4 weeks now. Ive started of lifting light and progressing from there. I’m also using musashi bulk protein powder to help my muscle growth. I am 178cm tall, and at start of training I weighed 85kg, but now I’m down to 82kg (is that normal). My goal is to reach 90kg, I’m a pretty big eater so I think I will have to upgrade my food intake to much. I do have a little excess fat on my body (beer gut) so that might be the weight I’m losing. So if anyone has any tips or ideas they could throw my way that would be great. I took some pics of myself before i started training so I will post them soon and add to them every 3 months. Another thing should I drink my protein shake on the days when I dont train?

May 6, 2008 at 10:24 pm #6353

From your pics I’d say you do have a little fat to loose.

Just weighing your self is not the best way to track progress. Measure you waist, chest and bicep. You want waist measurement to go down and chest and bicep to stay the same. Don’t worry about bulking up till you can see some abs.

Simple dietary intervention. Stop drinking and cut back on carbs while maintain protein and fats. Eat lots of veggies if you’re hungry.

Only take your bulk protein mix with water around workout time. At other times you don’t want all those simple sugars.

J

BTW. Did I mention stop drinking? ๐Ÿ˜‰

May 7, 2008 at 7:13 am #6354

geeze I guess I better stop drinking then aye and start some serious cardio so I can burn of my excess fat.

May 7, 2008 at 8:56 am #6355

You look in pretty good shape for someone who has never trained before. You’ll be laughing, just don’t try and go over board and lose interest because that’s really easy to do at the start.

I used to be a huge drinker, but no shit you won’t know yourself once you stop for awhile. ๐Ÿ˜‰

May 8, 2008 at 5:56 am #6356

I hope ur still here in a few months mate..

Buy a pad and a pen. Write down everything u eat in a week. every meal every liquid every day for 7 days.

Start calculating how much protein carbs fat sodium sugar etc is in what u eat in a week…i know its not easy spend a few weeks if u need to…the result will be an education in dieting i promise u

man im such a nerd but im a strong nerd !

May 8, 2008 at 6:18 am #6357

Mate thats alot of calculations. But I’ll give it a stab, Plus I’m staying for good
    ๐Ÿ˜‰

May 8, 2008 at 6:44 am #6358

Good luck

… and what happened to Stallion?

May 9, 2008 at 12:53 pm #6359

ok I’ve been doing some research on glutamine, creatine and BCAA. I am incorporating them into my training program. From what information ive gathered these are the supplements i should have before and after I work out. If there are any errors can someone let me know please.

Pre work out: 45mins out: Load up on carbs
    protein shake with glutamine & creatine

Post work out: 20mins after: Protein shake
    BCAA tabs

May 9, 2008 at 9:53 pm #6360

BCAA can be costly but are effective in a good dose, glutamine is not needed, creatine is a good idea, cheap and effective. Stick with having a good constant healthy diet before you hit on any supplements besides protein powder, invest that money in something you will use to exercise instead such as really good comfortable supporting shoes or some weights for home etc.

May 9, 2008 at 10:54 pm #6361

@dave wrote:

invest that money in something you will use to exercise instead such as really good comfortable supporting shoes or some weights for home etc.

The best shoes you can buy for weights are the cheap copies of the converse all star. $12 from target. I have had a pair of flat everlast slip ons for about 3 years they are great. Cost me $100.00.

Dave i will disagree with you on the glutamine thing as well, I find it great for sport.

May 9, 2008 at 11:16 pm #6362

Ive already purchased all those things from ebay and at a very good price too. except for the shoes

May 10, 2008 at 12:24 am #6363

@kinmassive wrote:

Dave i will disagree with you on the glutamine thing as well, I find it great for sport.

David “I Hate Glutamine” Barr has an interesting take on glutamine in his latest article.

He suggests that although there isn’t much support in the literature it’s strange that elite athletes and bodybuilders still swear by the stuff. Other supplements have come and gone but the really fast and really big dudes still swear by the stuff.

His take is that glutamine some how helps with digesting all those calories the big and the fast need to consume. Glutamine is used to build and repair the lining of the digestive tract and one of the arguments against glutamine supps is they never get past this point.

My feeling is there may be more to it than that.

May 10, 2008 at 5:32 am #6364

I was suggesting the shoes for running etc more than weights, just go barefoot for that.

May 10, 2008 at 7:16 am #6365

@Mighty Mouse_83 wrote:

Post work out: 20mins after: Protein shake
    BCAA tabs

Have the bcaa’s wait 20 mins and then have whey shake. EAA’s are better sfter workout because they contain all the essential aminos which include the BCAA’a.

May 10, 2008 at 1:01 pm #6366

so can some body tell me when i should take my whey shake, glutamine, creatine and BCAA’s

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.