18 Year old needs to lose weight asap PLZ HELP ME

Home / Forums / Fat loss / 18 Year old needs to lose weight asap PLZ HELP ME

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

hi guys my name is trent. basically i am applying for the navy i have passed all of the exams and what not but today i was told that i would need to drop 30kgs to be accepted into the navy..

i am 127.7kgs

6ft 3in

how would i go about stripping fat FAST and losing some weight i have jus moved up the coast from sydney Forster so i am gettin a membership there but what would be a good way to start i dont mind taking supplements and stuff like that as long as it is going to work. i understand i will need to slug it out in the gym that is fine but if u could maybe teach me some exercises i could do that would be great.

i currently ride a bike (free spin fitness bike) 20kms a day in 30 minutes. keep it at about 41km/h and after 10 minutes turn resistance up and then at 20 turn it up till at 25 mins it is as hard as it could be.

i have been doing that for a couple of days but i would like to understand more about things…

February 27, 2009 at 11:01 pm #7832

Hi there,
    You have a bit of study to do to get understanding of your current state.

Go to this site to see how and why:
    http://www.nutritiondata.com/
    It will show you your Recommended Minimum Daily Needs

HERE IS A SMALL EXTRACT FROM THE SITE:
    You are a 18 year old boy, 6ft 2in / 188cm tall, with a current weight of 128.0kg. You lead a somewhat active lifestyle.

Body Mass Index (BMI)
    Your BMI 36.2
    BMI is a standardized ratio of weight to height, and is often used as a general indicator of health. The “normal” BMI for an adult man of your height is 18.5 to 24.9. This translates to a healthy weight range of 65 to 88 kg.However, BMI does not take body composition into account. A weight above this range could still be considered healthy if your percentage body fat is less than average. For more accurate determination of body fat levels, consider using a body fat caliper.

Recommended Macronutrient Distribution
    Your Recommended Ranges
    Carbohydrate: 45 to 65% of total Calories
    Fat: 25 to 35% of total Calories
    Protein: 10 to 30% of total Calories
    Note: These recommended ranges for macronutrients are based on your age and come from the IOM.
    DA

February 27, 2009 at 11:16 pm #7833

What you did not say is how much and what you eat.

Probably the most important way to lose weight is by manipulating your diet and eating healthier. If you cut out all crap and kept your calories at a good level and increased your exercise your weight would quite easily drop off untill maybe the 100kg mark.

February 28, 2009 at 5:11 am #7834

DA thanks will be having a look.

i dont really eat much a lot of pasta and rices with lean chicken and what not.
    i dont eat chocolate at all or any other form of lollies or chips.

so anymore help i could get would be great oh and i nearly forgot
    basically i play football and train for that 3 times a week.

February 28, 2009 at 6:00 am #7835

Interesting, what got you to 128kgs? I am your height and am naturally sitting at 92kgs and seem to only get up high (fat wise) in the 100’s 110’s if I eat loads of crap (sugar basically). I ask this as it is best to know why you are big before you can turn it around. You could be eating a thousand more calories a day than you need, or drinking a lot of sugary drinks (i am assuming you dont), or you may have been big all of your life.

If you are training for football and playing, plus the bike riding you are getting a fair bit of calorie expenditure in. I would also suggest you make sure you are getting incidental exercise in ie. walk/ride more instead of the car, use the stairs etc etc.

If you need to drop more weight real fast then add more exercise (dont go crazy but you could probably add more in) be very restrictive in what you eat and how much and how you eat. I dont agree with this method as it wont bring you down successfully in the long run unless you make more lifestyle changes.

Chuck in some more info about yourself.

February 28, 2009 at 4:26 pm #7836

cheers dave.

basically from the age of 13 i was in the gym with my dad boxing and doing weights i got really buff and defined i was weighing 98kgs at 16 from all the training and weights then i stopped doing the boxing training and focused more on weights which then oner a year lead me to being 114 kgs that was at 17 then also at 17 i broke my hand in a fight (2 furthest knuckles near my pinky came out the side of my hand when i had thrown a few right hooks ) so basically i got a metal plate put in my hand and couldnt do the weights for 6 months then the muscle turned into fat.

basically i drink 3 litres of water a day,a beer with or after dinner,

porridge for breakfast with a piece of toast.

lunch is generally some chicken in a salad.

so that is about it other than dinner with pasta and rice being the main ones as i am maltese i eat a lot of those sort of foods.

Trent

February 28, 2009 at 10:15 pm #7837

Sounds like you were exercising hard and then stopped suddenly, kept eating the same and put on fat and this went on for a few years (muscle doesnt turn into fat, you lose muscle and put on fat). You probably need to look at how much you are eating and how often. Have smaller meals and more frequent times so you do not over eat and have a plan of what you will eat (even if it is not written down just know how much you should eat of most of the things you like).

Your metabolic rate is probably in the 2200 give or take a couple of hundred calories. This is not taking into effect any exercise you do or anything else that can increase your metabolic rate. Take a weighted record of what you are eating and try to work out the calorie content of your meals for a day, you will probably find that you are eating (or were if you have started eating less food) too much for too long. Get the diet under control, add in that incidental exercise as well as training hard at footy and on the bike. Put in about an hour of exercise a day (have a day or so off) utilising some interval (hard/light then hard etc) work (you do that at footy training) and some moderate intensity prolonged exercise.

Give it 2 weeks and see how you have gone and adjust accordingly. This is just some general basic advice to get you started. Once the weight has come down you can probably go for some more load intensive ‘cardio’ exercise and you may want to hit the weights again as extra muscle burns more calories all day long.

March 1, 2009 at 4:10 am #7838

thanks dave yes u hit the nail on the head .

March 1, 2009 at 11:18 am #7839

Do you have a time limit for weight loss or can you reapply for the Navy and be accepted straight away as long as your weight is below the cut off?

March 2, 2009 at 6:57 am #7840

basically i have to lose the weight doesnt matter how long it takes but then i have to keep it off for 6 months to reapply

March 2, 2009 at 7:00 am #7841

and upon reapplying i jus get accepted straight away

March 29, 2011 at 5:18 am #7842

@68IOU1 wrote:

hi guys my name is trent. basically i am applying for the navy i have passed all of the exams and what not but today i was told that i would need to drop 30kgs to be accepted into the navy..

i am 127.7kgs

6ft 3in

how would i go about stripping fat FAST and losing some weight i have jus moved up the coast from sydney Forster so i am gettin a membership there but what would be a good way to start i dont mind taking supplements and stuff like that as long as it is going to work. i understand i will need to slug it out in the gym that is fine but if u could maybe teach me some exercises i could do that would be great.

i currently ride a bike (free spin fitness bike) 20kms a day in 30 minutes. keep it at about 41km/h and after 10 minutes turn resistance up and then at 20 turn it up till at 25 mins it is as hard as it could be.

i have been doing that for a couple of days but i would like to understand more about things…

Hey buddy,
    You should avoid fat rich and protein rich foods, Eat the natural Organic foods in the session of the weight loss and fat loss…. Have cardio exercises and specially swimming is the best one exercise if you do that one… That exercise helps you more to loss fat and weight….. Make a routine of burning the calories from the body…. Avoid the junk foods and also the fast foods….

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.