Reply To: Weight loss, conditioning and diet – please check my working

Home / Forums / Fat loss / Weight loss, conditioning and diet – please check my working / Reply To: Weight loss, conditioning and diet – please check my working

January 13, 2010 at 3:06 am #8729

Hi guys thanks a lot for your responses.

I weighed myself a couple of days after I posted and I’d dropped to 85kg which was nice. I registered 84 a few days later.

I upped my food intake to be a bit more “normal” following the advice on this forum and other concerns (i.e. a few pains here and there). I’m still trying to be under calorific intake as I’d like to get my fat down.

Anyway after a few days of weights (I’ve been doing exercise at the gym or swimming every day since posting) I’m as of yesterday 87.5kg. This means to me I’ve lost some fat (when I went down to 85) and have possibly put some back on along with some muscle.

I think this means I’ll try to up my cardio work outs to 3-4 times a week and see how I go. This will hopefully mean I can continue my ano work outs at the gym and still eat a bit more than I was when I posted.

One thing that is for certain however is that I still need to work out an average over usage of calories.

So the guideline Bull posted above of 500 calories deficit is around 2000kJ right? So how do I work out my current usage? A typical day I’m sitting at a desk for 8 hours then I’ll be at the gym either doing 30-60 minutes of aero or 45-60 minutes of anaerobic. I was aiming for around 2000kJ when I posted last and was getting great results (other than feeling a bit light headed and being very disciplined).. I’m now trying to aim for 4000-5000kJ.