Please find the complete results below.
A big congratulations to Joel Malone for pulling out all stops for a very impressive show of strength.
Heavy weight – Open class
1. Joel Malone – 48
2. Nick Pratt – 46
3. Matt Aicholzer – 41
4. Robert Kilpatrick – 33
5. Scott Jones – 32
6. Don Stevenson – 28
1. Mark Gair – 48
2. David Moyes – 46
Hight lights of the day
Allan “The Monster” Kliese
1. 91kg Rolling Thunder – New record
2. 215kg Atlas Stone loaded – New record
3. Dinnies Stones lifted
4. 34 Ton Truck Pull
5. 7 Reps on 125kg Log lift (Just Missed 8th rep after truck pull)
1. Joel Malone 14 ton truck pull 19.7 metres, Amazing stuff
A special thanks to Dom Morton, Allan and Heather Kliese for their efforts.
A big thanks to Marc Wells, Jeff Lam for their help and support.
A huge thanks to Jason Durbidge for being our MC – Great Job.
Awesome efforts by all athletes.
Well I finally had a win!!
I was on fire this day and everything went right which was so good for my confidence for the nationals at the end of the year. I weighed in at 112kg on D day and was really strong.
The truck pull was the hardest thing I have ever done. For some reason other than the fact that the track wasn’t flat and had a major divet in the mid way point the trucks were not moving, no one other than me pulled it over 12m. I got the truck over the line in the end and collapsed once complete, then went straight into the 255kg yolk which I did in 10 seconds (PR).
Then it went like this:
– Log lift for max weight in time (110kg) could have got the 115 but ran outta time.
– Farmers in 20 seconds
– Then stones from 110 – 150 from 1.6 – 1.2m loads. Got it with 20 seconds to spare.