Reply To: Help a n00b get bigger!!

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / Help a n00b get bigger!! / Reply To: Help a n00b get bigger!!

April 30, 2008 at 11:40 pm #6290

Well, shakes info’ varies over how much protein & carbs, but they all agree its lots.

The thing that strikes me is your missing calculating the third important item in a shake THE FATs/OILs. For an after workout shake the BB purists will not have any fats, or very very little, and take it later with your next meal. They reason that carbs & fats dont go together well, but mainly to make the carbs do most of the immediate work, refeeding the worked muscles. Within a shortish time after a well overloaded C & P shake, the bodies energy will normalise. This is best taken as quickly as poss’ after a workout.

I even take another smaller top up within half an hour, then a full meal (with fats) after around 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Then resume normal meals & mealtimes.

There is a calculation based on your body weight for the amount of carbs & proteins in an after workout shake, but I dont have that info’ just here with me. :oops: perhaps others (Dr J) can fill us in on that :?: DA