Reply To: Leg training

October 23, 2007 at 8:20 am #5318

@Dave996 wrote:

@kinmassive wrote:

I’ve just gone from low reps and high weight to this. I’ve never done this type of high rep stuff before so it’s been good for me.

I’m going to try a 5 x 5 for the next month then back on the high reps again till chrisse which is when I’ll cut down some more again.

As far as my present goals are concerned i have been training for size for forever so i thought i’d cut a little flab and harden up a bit. Which I’ve half done. So now I really want to go for strength for awhile whilst I’m still looking good and then tone again once I’ve reached the weights I want again. Etc etc.

Sitting really comfortably at 106kgs so I’m happy with my size for the time being.

At the risk of complicating the issue,

Ive read where certain people possess different ratios of fast twitch and slow twitch muscle fibers, e.g. sprinter vs marathon runner.
The idea was to determine your type and train accordingly to exploit your genetic predisposition.
This seems to be why some people respond better to high rep training, some to low.
I dont know how you figure out which type you are though.

My theory, like myself, is simple.
The biggest guys seem to be lifting the biggest weights, coincidence?:wink:

wow sorry about huge quote, but my mother was a long distance runner and dad always short distance, and i was always best at short, and sometimes medium distance

what would this mean for me?