Reply To: NEED HELP TO BUFF UP!!

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / NEED HELP TO BUFF UP!! / Reply To: NEED HELP TO BUFF UP!!

March 28, 2007 at 5:35 am #4185

@rash wrote:

Thanks Mr 32 , well buddy im about 75 kgs 5 feet 11 and sorry how do i get my body fat :S, hmm diet is currently not that good as i have only 2 meals a day, i try to keep away from fast food but from what i understand i need to eat more but less at each time. and is it true break fast is the most important meal of the day ? cause ive never been one of those who wakes up and has breakfast. and na i dont only want big arms i want a proper body :) thanks so much guys

as for body fat at your hieght i would guess about 12-14% maybe
giving you between 66-61.5kg (145.2-134.2lbs) lean body mass but this is only a rough guess(if you get fat calipiers you could get a more accurate figure).

i would have a look at massive eating part 1 and 2 along with massive eating reloaded one 1 and 2. this will give you a good idea on what you need to eat. http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/index.htm
now using the Dr john berardi massive eating calculator, you would need 3520 calories a day to gain weight.
this would best spread out over 6 meals a day.

yes breakfast is the most important meal of the day, if you think about it with 6 meals a day you eat every 3 hrs say you sleep 8 you have “missed” almost 3 meals if you at every3hrs.
your body is in a catabolic state and will break down the easiest source of enrgy which is muscle. you should have a breakfast which has low gi carbs eg rolled oats along with protein eg protein powder or eggs along with fruit. my two favourites are oats with protein powder with yoghurt and pineapple. and omelette(4 whites plus 2 whole eggs) with spinach
and cheese with pineapple on the side.

now as for training in the gym i would have 3 days of weight training with 2 days of cardio. im currently doing this myself.
the weight days should be full body workouts that are built around deadlifts, squats, presses, rows and pull ups.
and cardio should be no more then 20 mins IMO.
as for workouts have a look at chad waterburrys stuff i like it and seems to work for me
http://www.t-nation.com/category.jsp?categoryID=33&pageNo=1&s=articlesMenu

let use know how you go rash and if you dont understand anything just ask.

-norm