Reply To: help a newbie?

March 13, 2007 at 8:10 am #4159

ok that really does help

first off you need to eat more no question about it.

breakfast is the most important meal of the day for us (not that every other meal is important but it is very important) since you have been sleeping all night your body needs food to stop its catabolic state and more importantly protein. Which your breakfast lacks. Some of my favourites where oats with yogurt and protein powder, the other is omelette(2 whole eggs and 4 whites) with spinach and cheese and pineapple on the side.

the list can go on i would also look at improving your diet overall. i would try and aim for 5-6 meals a day i know its hard going to school. but you should be ale to do it. have a look at the massive eating and massive eating reloaded by JB here http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/index.htm (scroll down a bit) for a better idea. not saying this is the only way to go but it gives you an idea of how much you will need to eat.

if you have been only training for 2 months i personally think that your work load is to much. i think you would benefit for a full body workout with compound lifts. (deadlifts, squats, presses and pull ups) this will give you more recover time with less chance of burning yourself out and more chance to gain muscle.