Reply To: Needing a new weights program!

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / Needing a new weights program! / Reply To: Needing a new weights program!

March 22, 2007 at 2:09 pm #4150

ok new to the forum, stumbled on this topic and cant see much knowledge being shown here.

obviously if your a beginner stick to machines, yes we all no you wont get the same results as free weights, but starting out your wanting to take out all your stabilising muscles and just use compound movements.

whether your aiming for strength, size or muscular endurance, stick to compound! there your basics and basics work!

i saw some post a reply with some big work out plan, goddd? why would a soccer player be looking for shrugs? lol

mate stick with your leg press aiming for 4 sets of 15 – 20, wont need much weight because ull really feel it once you get outta the machine.

machine chest press if looking to continue to build muscle aim for 3 sets of 12-15 medium set weight, should struggle with last reps of 2nd and 3rd set.

if you do chest you will want to do back so close grip row again aiming for 12-15 of 3 sets

and finish with shoulder press machine also aiming 12-15 3 sets of.

need any more help pm me i am qualified cert 3 and 4 pt and will be glad to help