Reply To: Needing a new weights program!

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / Needing a new weights program! / Reply To: Needing a new weights program!

March 13, 2007 at 10:43 am #4149

I agree with Chad.
Everything posted here is opinions and should be taken as food for thought by whoever is asking for advice. Most of the guys on this board are more than happy to help newbies out (they’ve helped me heaps) but in the end you need to base your decisions on not only their advice, but also your own research and what works for you.

In my opinion, if you don’t feel 100% confident and safe with a certain lift, then you should be using less weight or not doing it at all without someone spotting. I workout alone so I’ve got used to the feeling of how much weight I can safely use. It’s a bit hard to describe but it’s as if my whole body is in on the lift and I don’t feel any joint stress or pressure like I’m about to break something. If a lift doesn’t ‘feel right’ then you’re probably trying too much too soon or your form is bad.

Anyway…I don’t think anyone can make a workout plan for someone else over the internet based on a bit of text. All they can do is offer some advice and food for thought.

Take a chill pill ! 😆