Reply To: Anyone busted there rotator cuff?

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / Anyone busted there rotator cuff? / Reply To: Anyone busted there rotator cuff?

June 23, 2008 at 3:40 am #3874

UB sorry to hear the news, I ended up with a shoulder impingment after doing max one rep bench press for a while. Went to the physio who was also an ex PT and found the reason for the impingement was the rotator muscles were lacking compared to my other muscles. All up it took about 8 months before I felt no pain in the area. This is after doing strengthaning exercises with bands. The guy i saw told me I could still train however I was not to extend in to the region where the ligament startes bearing the weight. This made sense because the ligaments are not designed to be used in lifting. So I changed my routine so the region I was lifting in only used muscle ie bench not to my chest but till my arms were parralell to the ground. This is the way I train now and I find it works really well for me. It will eventually get better but it does take a long long time. Deca probably would help but if u use it make sure u stack it with test or else the ladies won’t be impressed when nothing happens down stairs.