Reply To: Just Started Training Any tips?

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / Just Started Training Any tips? / Reply To: Just Started Training Any tips?

October 10, 2006 at 11:25 am #3275

Maybe give us some of your details, age, weight, current program etc. If i were to give any advice for bulking it would be get all the good compound movements in before anything else; these are deadlift (my personal favourite), squat, bench press, row, pulldowns/ups, military press and a few others, but these are the main ones…

Make sure you train with good intensity, put real effort in dont just go in and do the exercises half assed or youll go nowhere…

its normal to make strength gains before size, but size is not long after, monitor your weight and measurements and you can see your progress, this also helps with motivation if you know you are improving…

You seem to be eating the right foods in regards to protein, but carbs are important too; you shouldnt totally neglect them even though you are trying to cut fat… low GI are generally better unless post workout…

like i said, give us your details about what program or exercises you are doing at the moment and we can help you perfect it… I am only a beginner so im sure everyone else will be able to give soem better advice…