Reply To: Heavy Grips, Initial Impressions

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / Heavy Grips, Initial Impressions / Reply To: Heavy Grips, Initial Impressions

October 10, 2005 at 3:02 am #1752

Damn, I can’t quite get the handles of the HG200s to touch.

Mind you, before reading Matt’s post I was leaving a good 1cm gap.

Maybe I need a set of those ClubBells?

LOL, I am no salesman but I’d be lying if I said the Clubbells weren’t a great grip strengthener. My training for the last year was exclusively Clubbells up till a few months ago when I played with Barbells and Dumbbells again for a 4 week stint. After that I went back to Clubbells (I just prefer the feel of them) and have recently added in a few kettlebell exercises which I’ve been very pleased with.

I am very excited about training my grip now though, I plan to work with the grippers 2-3 times per week and hope to crush the HG 250 shut in the next week or two. I’d also like to play with card tearing but I know that I have to be careful not to overtrain my grip (I also do BJJ which is pretty grip intensive too).

Can’t wait to see how things come along. I can see how people get all caught up in their gripper training, I’d use them everyday if my hands could cope with the workload.

I had another crack at the HG 250 last week, it just a spontaneous attempt when I walked through the door after work and was particulary keen (who isn’t keen to play with their new bday presents). I went for the close and just missed it with a gap that couldn’t have been more than 1 millimetre :evil: , arrrrrrgggghhhhhhhh, so close yet so far. Hopefully now that I’ll be starting my 2-3 gripper sessions each week that HG 250 will be crushed very soon. Man this gripper stuff is fun!

Matt :D