Home Forums Sound Off Treatment for deep tissue bruising.

2 replies, 0 voices Last updated by Avatar Dave996 10 years ago
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dave996
    @Dave996

I think it’s what footy players refer to as a caulked thigh (?). In any case, I got nailed with a low kick at training on Sunday right in the sweet spot midway down my thigh where the in-step lands when it connects. Oddly there is no bruise to be seen but trust me, every time I put weight on the leg, I sure can feel it. It’s almost like its in the tendon or something.
    Anybody got some ideas on how to help it along?
    Deep heat? massage? hot & cold compresses? or just HTFU?

cheers

#8402 Reply
    kinmassive
    @kinmassive

HTFU is always a good one ha ha but I know what you are talking about ,I had one just above the knee (footy), took three or four weeks to disperse and heal.

Pretty sure it is a build up of fluid around the area and yes it does hurt. Plenty of massage and some ice treatment wouldn’t go astray either.

Get the girl to rub the shit outta it for a while. At night after weights put a tea towel with ice in it on the area and strap to your leg with a bandage. Leave it for an hour at a time, it’s what I did and it worked for me. It will take time though.

#8403 Reply
    dave
    @dave

Don’t use that leg for about a week (upper body and unilateral leg work only) then bring in exercises the following week with prior heat treatment and proper warming up before hand then a little massage after is whatni would suggest. Work your way back up to full steam in 2 weeks or less depending on the pain. Have volatren or even ibuprofen handy.

#8404 Reply
    kinmassive
    @kinmassive

@dave wrote:

Don’t use that leg for about a week (upper body and unilateral leg work only) then bring in exercises the following week with prior heat treatment and proper warming up before hand then a little massage after is whatni would suggest. Work your way back up to full steam in 2 weeks or less depending on the pain. Have volatren or even ibuprofen handy.

Why would you stop leg work?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Treatment for deep tissue bruising.
Your information: