Home Forums Ask Ian REST TRAINING HOW MUCH??

7 replies, 0 voices Last updated by Avatar MOOLYMAN 10 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    MOOLYMAN
    @MOOLYMAN

Just wanting to know how often bodyparts should be hit each week. Im going natural, if you can really call it that, and im wanting to know is there a differenece between the larger upper body parts and the lower in regards to how much rest they should get before they have recovered?
    Any help
    Cheers

#3046 Reply
    IAN
    @IAN

It all depends on you personally, The aim would be to train and RECOVER as many times as you can. The larger muscle groups can take longer to recover, with me its legs. If I had to do it all over again I’d train 4 days with a 3 day split and the last day doing the first workout of the week again, 2 days off and start again.

#3047 Reply
    Gilbey
    @Gilbey

it depends on how hard you are training the muscles… you usually get muscle soreness which can last pretty long depending on the training session intensity, ive always been taught that you HAVE to rest a particular bodypart for at least 3-4 days if you training it reasonably hard… I usually train each bodypart once a week meaning 6 days of recovery but i sometimes think that i am recovered fully before then…

does anyone else know anything about this subject? recovery is the most important thing isn tit

#3048 Reply
    MOOLYMAN
    @MOOLYMAN

I train to failure for 1 hour at a time and I include drop sets and x reps/ partials on usually 1 of the compound sets. I find my legs take 2 days to kick in then they really are hard to walk on for about 2 days or so while my chest, back, shoulders are only sore for a day, and that soreness is nothing compared to my legs. Im wondering whether on the upper body excluding arms if I should train them more often maybe 1st workout heavy and the second lighter, still intense but with higher reps, more blood work.Any suggestions how to incorporate this would be good.

#3049 Reply
    IAN
    @IAN

Muscle soreness usually kicks in around the 3rd day, Remember training legs uses around 70%-80% of your whole body(squats, deads)-shoulders and chest on the other hand around 20% so the effects soreness is never going to be the same. The general rule of thumb(this week 😉 )is train hard 6 weeks cruise for 1 or 2 weeks, I wouldn’t train light and heavy within a weeks session( just my preference) because it easier to gauge whats working and whats not if the boundaries are set straight ie hit it hard for 6 weeks and see what progress you have made.

Ian

#3050 Reply
    MOOLYMAN
    @MOOLYMAN

I will keep bangin away and see what happens. Trying to diet down for the next 3 months to see whats hidden underneath.Taking it slowly to see how my body reacts.I do know one thing CARDO SUCKS, cant wait for Jan. Its all new to me so thanks for the the tips guys.

#3051 Reply
    mrt
    @mrt

@moolyman wrote:

I will keep bangin away and see what happens. Trying to diet down for the next 3 months to see whats hidden underneath.Taking it slowly to see how my body reacts.I do know one thing CARDO SUCKS, cant wait for Jan. Its all new to me so thanks for the the tips guys.

Whats cardo?

#3052 Reply
    kinmassive
    @kinmassive

Cardio 🙄

#3053 Reply
    StormTrooper
    @StormTrooper

@mrt wrote:

@moolyman wrote:

Whats cardo?

LOL, you back again hahahahaha

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: REST TRAINING HOW MUCH??
Your information: