- June 2, 2011 at 12:02 pm #1335
Just tried my hand at making one , will post results when I get it out of the fridge i nthe morning
1 whole egg 4grams protein 6grams blended fats
few teaspoons gellatin
200 ml boilng water
4-5 scoops p92 slow acting protein (cassein, Soy iso, whey iso) 120g protein
Almond spread 2 tablespoons 10 grams good fats
1 2 teaspoons honey 12 grams carbs
a few equal tablets
In the fridge
Per serving 25g protein / 3.2g mostly good fats / 2.5 grams carbsJune 2, 2011 at 10:40 pm #9052
Dr JMember@Dr J
How did it turn out?
JJune 3, 2011 at 5:38 am #9053
ok so that tasted like crap
the consistency was there. it was pudding…just tasted like whey.
so after some help from the girlfriend we have now subtracted the egg and the equal + added sugarless artificial sweetner and some banana and caramel flavouring from spotlight.
have got two batches in the fridge, one banana and one caramel. will poste results and pics if succesful
the gelatin hardens it really quickly once its frozenJune 3, 2011 at 8:14 am #9054
OK after some fiddling and some advice from the net
The most important thing about the protein pudding is the base long acting protein you use. Just about everyone reccomends optimum nutrition cassein or you could use myopure cassein and add in a bit more flavouring..im sure that would taste better
1 serving protein pudding 5 mnute blend
Heres what you need.
3. sweetner I used sugarless
4. good tasting long acting cassein protein, IMI or unflavoured protein
5. almond spread or peanut butter (i dont reccomend the peanut butter but it still gives you the good fat…and its not like you can pop in some fish oil…bloody poloquin and his harping about inflamations and cardiovascular disease!!
6. coconut milk
1.80 – 100ml ml Hot Coconut milk (heat in the microwave)
2. mix 1/2 – 3/4 level teaspoon gellatin. (mix it in quickly or you will get lumps) DO NOT ADD MORE GELATIN THAN THIS OR YOU WILL END UP WITH CONCRETE
3. add caramel food falvouring 3 small drops
4. 1 tablespoon natural almond spread
5. 2 generous scoops protein powder (no carb) I used small musashi spoon
6. 1 sachet sugarless sweetner
7. Mix for 20 seconds
Stick in the fridge . The gellatin will set the pudding.
1 serving : 26.7 grams protein / 11.5 grams good fat / 3 grams carbs
You can heat it and mix and eat or just eat it cold
For some reason it doesnt taste the same when you double the ingredients i dont know why.
Great on a keto diet or just before bed.June 10, 2011 at 8:13 am #9055
just tried with optimum nutrition cassein ..brilliant
I also popped in some benefiber poweder in there. cant even taste it. brilliant! if you get the right amount of gellatin in there it is better than choco pudding.
trick is to mix the gellatin in very small amount of hot water before mixing in the cabrless milk and / or coconut milk.July 7, 2011 at 10:28 am #9056
i have mixed feeling about cassein now after reading some research and a few articles..im still having it..these days i usually just mix on cassein with water. 1 tablespoon of almond spread some essence of caramel..or bananna and refrigerate. i put it in small pyrex containers.