Home Forums Sound Off Obese people teasing you about being lean

21 replies, 0 voices Last updated by Avatar bodytek 10 years, 8 months ago
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    bodytek
    @bodytek

So im about to go postal at work as I was wondering if Dr J or anyone had any mental strategies for dealing with (i.e not using physical violence) on a co-worker who is relentless at shit giving.

This guy waddles when he walks and probably sweats just opening a can of coke……yet he insists on coming into my office 4-5 times a day to give me shit about food, muscles or training.

Any help? I really dont want to hurt this guy………………………………….

#7660 Reply
    Bull
    @Bull

It depends on the individual. Some people are just nasty and others can be reasoned with. You’ll have to work out which one he is for yourself. I’ll give you two alternatives, one for each of the above.

Your dedication makes him feel bad about being a slob. If he didn’t then he wouldn’t be so relentless. He’d just get over the joke like everyone else.

Wait til he tries it in front of others and say something like, “It’s easy for you to give me a hard time about my appearance because you know that I can’t retaliate. As soon as I comment on your appearance I’ll look like a prick picking on the fat guy.”

That mightn’t stop him but it will probably make him pull his head in a bit and you get to call him the fat guy without calling him the fat guy. 😉

or

Get him when no-one else is around and ask him why he has such a problem with what you do. Tell him that you approach it as a personal challenge to achieve something that you didn’t think you could do. Tell him that you thought that everyone was like that with some aspect of their lives.

If he takes the bait at any point and mentions himself training etc then offer to help him with advice on diet and training etc.

I know that those two are opposites but both have a decent chance of working. I used option 2 in a slightly different situation years ago and wound up with a good training partner for over 12 months and a good friend as well.

#7661 Reply
    dave
    @dave

Does he just spout crap about you actually being in shape? He may just be trying to make himself feel better as he is self concious about being overweight and needs to make you, who is in shape, feel bad or seem bad to make himself feel better.

Change it up and just as he gets started saying his smart ass comments say “hey if you really need some help losing weight I dont mind helping you out at all” see what he does after that, he may either shut up and walk away or accept your help and you wont have to hear it again.

#7662 Reply
    unbuff
    @unbuff

Just say

“you dont wanna see me, when I get angry….” 😈

#7663 Reply
    bodytek
    @bodytek

ahhh i feel better already! Serenity now!

this guy is a total jackass……he has no interest in training or losing weight…..hes just a fat IT nerd who walks in and poses, or constantly says sarcastic shit all the time..

it has been going on for months…he doesnt quit!

🙄

#7664 Reply
    slugger
    @slugger

I have a picture of “comic book guy” from the simpsons in my head now!
    wear a star wars shirt to work one day and you’ll be best mates with him for life……or would it be better to be enemies??

#7665 Reply
    unbuff
    @unbuff

Go to his booth and comment on his great body and the high sex appeal he has.

But I have to say, it takes more inner strength to make an enemy a friend then to just turn against them in return. 8)

#7666 Reply
    Dr J
    Dr J
    @Dr J

I’ve got to be the wrong person to ask as I’ve been known to snap at times!

(There’s the goget post floating around somewhere).

But I’m going to try and be creative here.

Get one of those big glass jars and fill it with m&ms. Place on the front of your desk.

As soon as your ‘friend’ enters your office, wip off the lid. This might distract him totally but more importantly give you time to prepare.

You’ve got to tell yourself that everything he says is a complement. Heck I’d be tempted to say thanks everytime he tried to rip into you. But to be honest an inner dialogue (think about it!) is all you need. And remember what Bull said.

If that doesn’t help you can move to the negative and remind yourself that he is killing himself although slower than you’d like.

Still all this is sometimes easier said that done. I’m always pledging to be more Masai. They have a saying that one shouldn’t hate the heyna because it just is what it is.

Accept it, smile 🙂 , get on with life.

BTW. Biting on a pencil is almost as good as a real smile.

#7667 Reply
    slugger
    @slugger

bah just push him down the stairs and be contempt that youve saved at least 10 mmmm mabey 11 years worth of oxygen for a worthy human 😈

#7668 Reply
    kinmassive
    @kinmassive

Waaay to gentlemenly boys! This is whats wrong with these fat fucks, they have never been nailed as people are fearful of some kind of trouble they may get into ie retribution on his behalf or other people judging you.

Me personally i would tell the fat c%#t to back the fuck up up or he would recieve a smack in the fucken jowels for his trouble. If he pulled me on i would drop him where he stood! Then proceed to pack my shit and leave ( hence the reason I work outdoors! 😆 😆 )

I was picked on a lot as a kid and I promised myself that as a man i would never be intimidated or made to feel uncomfortable for anyones elses gratification or for whatever unjustifiable fucken reason.

Although!! In saying this, it has cost me over $20,000 in court fees 😆 over the years because these pussies can’t take what they dish, so I now really try and end the confrontation as quickly as possible and blast them straight up and leave no room for question.

One rule with this approach though….be prepared to back your mouth.

#7669 Reply
    Dave996
    @Dave996

Now pay attention to Bas

Particuarly at 0:37…

#7670 Reply
    unbuff
    @unbuff

LOL loved the last segment

#7671 Reply
    IAN
    @IAN

1 large syringe of Laxative into said can of Coke!

#7672 Reply
    dave
    @dave

Good ol bas.

I do like Ian’s solution sneaky so you dont get fired. And bonus he will lose a few Kgs even if it is just water.

#7673 Reply
    bodytek
    @bodytek

Karma is a bitch sometimes……

Someone in the office filed a harassment complaint – looks like it was pissing other people off more than me 🙂

…..now wheres my chicken and taters!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Obese people teasing you about being lean
Your information: