Home Forums Look at me! Look at me! Look at me NOW! New Member Intro MuscleMechanic here in Randwick/Sydney

11 replies, 5 voices Last updated by  MuscleMechanic 10 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

MuscleMechanic
    @MuscleMechanic

Hello guys and gals,

I’m new on here and thinks its great there’s a forum for for swapping health and fitness ideas like this.

I’m happy to contribute to any sports medical discussions on injury or general health advice.

I work as a Registered Nurse at a local hospital and i’m trained in Remedial Massage which allows me to focus on health and bodywork in my private work in Sports Therapy In Randwick.

I have an interest in Acupuncture and Dry Needling and I will be going in the 3rd year of an Acupuncture degree soon at UTS.

I’m interested in working with my clients on ensuring good muscle development and functioning.

A full body assessment of your muscles for tension, shortening and Myofascial Trigger Points as well as assisted stretches.

To maintain a healthy body I believe 3 things are important, resistance training, cardio and flexibility in order to prevent injury such as Rotator Cuff injury, Tendonitis and prevents muscle tears, neck and back muscular pain and spasm.

I hope to hear from you guyz

#7464 Reply

kinmassive
    @kinmassive

Holy shit dude! Your experience will definately be of some use here.

A very big welcome from me. 😀

#7465 Reply

unbuff
    @unbuff

Welcome aboard!

#7466 Reply

StormTrooper
    @StormTrooper

Howdy bloke.

#7467 Reply

MuscleMechanic
    @MuscleMechanic

@kinmassive wrote:

Holy shit dude! Your experience will definately be of some use here.

A very big welcome from me. :D[/quote

Well thanks matey, i’m looking forward to chatting with you guys.
    I love my job so its great being able to share my views.
    i’m new to this chat forum format so trying to work out how to use it effectively.
    I have dealt with illness for most of my career and now look forward to a career more focussed in health.

#7468 Reply

MuscleMechanic
    @MuscleMechanic

Thanks Unbuff
    Did you try the Acupuncture I mentioned@unbuff wrote:

Welcome aboard!

#7469 Reply

MuscleMechanic
    @MuscleMechanic

thanks Stormtrooper, its seems a friend crowd in here@stormtrooper wrote:

Howdy bloke.

#7470 Reply

IAN
    @IAN

Welcome matey 🙂

#7471 Reply

unbuff
    @unbuff

@musclemechanic wrote:

Thanks Unbuff

Welcome aboard!

Not as yet, I planned to after the xmas rush, i was really busy. Now It’s all settled so i’ll definetly look into it

In the movie Pumping iron, arnie gets acupuncture and as this lady is doing it she goes “this will stimulate ur muscles to grow”

Truth? or more of arnies bullshit?

#7472 Reply

kinmassive
    @kinmassive

@unbuff wrote:

or more of arnies bullshit?

😯 How dare you speak such blasphemy! May you burn in a room full of cable machines for your sins. 😯

Have alisten to arnies new tribute band. http://www.austriandeathmachine.com/

#7473 Reply

MuscleMechanic
    @MuscleMechanic

@unbuff wrote:

@musclemechanic wrote:

Thanks Unbuff

Welcome aboard!

Not as yet, I planned to after the xmas rush, i was really busy. Now It’s all settled so i’ll definetly look into it

In the movie Pumping iron, arnie gets acupuncture and as this lady is doing it she goes “this will stimulate ur muscles to grow”

Truth? or more of arnies bullshit?

Yes acupuncture is used to stimulate muscle growth.

However the energetic system is about balancing the bodies needs, so each person would be assessed for any imbalances and a treatment of acupuncture given to address this.

There are specific points acupuncture points for the muscles and tendon eg. GB34 (Gallbladder 34 point near the knee).

Acupuncture can alter the metabolic levels and increase growth hormone there affecting muscle development.

There are specific channels called Muscle-Tendino channels which when stimulated by acupuncture can help the muscle to develop and release shorted muscles and remove pain and swelling.

So maybe Arnie is right guys!

#7474 Reply

MuscleMechanic
    @MuscleMechanic

@ian wrote:

Welcome matey 🙂

Thanks Ian.

So where do you do your PT , in Sydney?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: New Member Intro MuscleMechanic here in Randwick/Sydney
Your information: