Home Forums Ask Ian Muscle size no results

21 replies, 0 voices Last updated by Avatar yarro 11 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    yarro
    @yarro

HI All
    I’m after some advice on muscle gain I have been training for 4 months 2 to 4 times a week with progressive reps 12 ,10 ,8 ,and 6 and go up weight very week I eat heaps of food with no rubbish only drink water and only drink milk with my breakfast and with protein shake redbak complete 30 grams twice a day.
    I have lost heaps around my hips and waste and lost 1 or 2 cm for my legs chest and arms I’m 87.5 kg and 183cm and have maintained that weight for the last 6 to 8 weeks.
    I’m 41 I’m not wanting to massive just want some size.
    Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks Yarro

#6437 Reply
    dave
    @dave

What is heaps of food to you? as I eat a damn lot of food when trying to put on a bit of size and in comparison people who say they eat a lot are shocked that I can eat so much.

Also you might want to look into your exercise choices (list them up), but basically I would say hit the big compound exercises such as deadlifts, squats, bench press, bent over rows, chin ups, dips etc

Get some more info in about the weight lifting exercises you do, how much you lift, what you eat for a typical day, what other exercise you do, what is your job like ie office worker or landscaper.

Good to see you have lost fat though, thats the best way to start.

#6438 Reply
    Dr J
    Dr J
    @Dr J

If you know what your waist size was before you started and what it is now you can make a rough estimate of change in bodyfat.

If you loose fat from hips and waist and your weight stays the same you’re building muscle ❗

In any case, if you’ve lost a lot of size from you waist and only 1 to 2cm elsewhere chances are you’ve gained muscle.

#6439 Reply
    yarro
    @yarro

Hi
    I have lost about 7cm of waste and 3 or 4cm of hips my waste is smaller than chest now.

Thanks Yarro

#6440 Reply
    StormTrooper
    @StormTrooper

@yarro wrote:

I’m 41 I’m not wanting to massive just want some size.
    Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks Yarro

Weell your attitude is wrong here. You don’t want to become massive. Well i bet no matter how hard you try you never will. So if you try to become massive maybe you will just get ‘some size’.

#6441 Reply
    kinmassive
    @kinmassive

I 100% agree with that! I want to be F#@kinmassive so I train as hard as i can and eat as much as I can etc etc and surprise surprise I have gained some size but i am not massive.

I always laugh when I hear women say that, ‘I don’t want be to muscular’ ha ha

#6442 Reply
    IAN
    @IAN

I agree with some of the other posts-odds on you will never become massive even if you wanted to-you must also be consistent with your training as well as eating-this is the key to any regime and 4 mnths is not the longest time really-Its probably best to train as hard as you can at least 3 workouts per week covering all muscle groups with a strong focus on the big 3-Bench,Deadlift and Squat-as soon as the weight starts to shift the gains should come.

Concentrate on all 3
    Training
    Eating
    Good sleep-when things aren’t happening one of these is lacking 😉
    Ian

#6443 Reply
    Bull
    @Bull

Yarro, you are saying that you’ve had no results but I’m not sure that you are correct. Here’s why I think you could be wrong.

Your weights (strength) is going up.

You have been consistent for a few months and starting from a beginner level.

You have lost considerable fat since starting but more than likely are not lean enough yet to see much detail or separation in the muscle that you do have.

It would be very rare for a beginner who trains consistently for a few months to be failing to build muscle. I think you almost certainly are. The problem is that as you lose fat it is difficult to see the new muscle as your overall size will decrease.

Keep it up for another 8 months. I can almost guarantee that within the first twelve months you will have made a massive change in your physique and you will have long forgotten having second thoughts at the start.

#6444 Reply
    yarro
    @yarro

Hi All

Thanks for your replies I have made gains in weights that I started with and I probably gained muscle mass I may be just a little inpatient I will just have to eat big, think big to get big and go a bit harder in the gym.
    Do any of you use other supplement other than your basic protein powers not illegal products but natural products. some one at work said to try tribulus capsules to help testosterone levels do these type of products work.

Thanks again for your advice
    Yarro

#6445 Reply
    dave
    @dave

Use some whey pre/post workout and maybe some creatine just for better recovery. You do not need to supplement just yet wait until you have been at it for a while, save yourself some money.

#6446 Reply
    IAN
    @IAN

@yarro wrote:

Hi All

Thanks for your replies I have made gains in weights that I started with and I probably gained muscle mass I may be just a little inpatient I will just have to eat big, think big to get big and go a bit harder in the gym.
    Do any of you use other supplement other than your basic protein powers not illegal products but natural products. some one at work said to try tribulus capsules to help testosterone levels do these type of products work.

Thanks again for your advice
    Yarro

If anyone can show me proof somebodygot HUGE off anything legal I’ll put my children on Ebay!!!!

#6447 Reply
    Dr J
    Dr J
    @Dr J

How do you define HUGE, Ian? 😉

Seriously, what do you think the natural limit is for someone with average genes and around 6 foot?

I think it’s probably around 105kg +/- 10kg at around 10% bf. I’m not say this is easy but probably within the grasp of a natural who’s anal retentive about diet.

#6448 Reply
    dave
    @dave

Is that with a full time job, if so I would probably totally agree with that as an estimate for the average of total population.

By the way doc i love the way you added a standard deviation there, shows your research roots.

#6449 Reply
    Dr J
    Dr J
    @Dr J

@dave wrote:

Is that with a full time job, if so I would probably totally agree with that as an estimate for the average of total population.

No which is my excuse for not getting there 😥 And I’m not anal retentive enough.

@dave wrote:

By the way doc i love the way you added a standard deviation there, shows your research roots.

Sometimes I feel like packing up my bat and ball and going back to it. 🙂

#6450 Reply
    kinmassive
    @kinmassive

[quote=”IAN
    If anyone can show me proof somebodygot HUGE off anything legal I’ll put my children on Ebay!!!![/quote]

I didn’t get huge, but I got bloody strong and bulked up on tren 13-ethyl. I got up to 107kgs (was around 100kgs) and around 6-10% BF (was at least 15%) at the peak. Unfortunately I got crook and have stayed crook for 3 weeks now. I never lost any strength but I did lose weight (104kgs) no matter what I ate to try and bring it back up again I can’t 😥 . I am off now so I am interested to see if my strength gains stay…damn I hope so.

Whether or not it is toally legal or not is another question? It got through customs twice so I can only presume that it is. As far as proof is concerned what would suffice as proof?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Muscle size no results
Your information: