Home Forums Sound Off gym etiquette

8 replies, 0 voices Last updated by Avatar a4alex 10 years, 9 months ago
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    a4alex
    @a4alex

At my gym everybody is very cool and happy to share weights, give you a spot, let you work in with them etc.
    But what do you do when you run into a person who won’t share equipment, hogs weights and benches?

I met such a guy today – he had several weights at his feet, plates lying around his bench and when I asked to use the curly bar he had beside him but wasn’t using, he told me to leave it alone.

I was so shocked I didn’t know what to say. After about 15 minutes I just went up and grabbed what I wanted off the floor and he got upset and walked off, leaving this almighty mess for me to work around.

I didn’t want to rat him out to gym staff or start a big argument with this guy, but is there a better way to handle it this person? I was polite at all times and gave him adequate time to finish his sets.

#7793 Reply
    unbuff
    @unbuff

Dr J has a good story about how to handle annoying people…. 8)

#7794 Reply
    StormTrooper
    @StormTrooper

Guys like that are what’s commonly known as a cunt.

#7795 Reply
    Dave996
    @Dave996

This is why I feel a genuine empathy with guys who for whatever reason cant train out of their garages.
    My music
    My weights
    My time
    My terms
    I remember when the local ‘sporting’ team began training at the last comercial gym I trained at. That tore it for me. They swaggered around like they owned the place and the rules “Please use towels on equiplent” and ” Unload weights after use” didin’t seem to apply, and you think the softcock instructers were gonna start policing them? forget it.

As for your ezy-bar hogging mate – fuck him. If he got up and walked away he sounds like sulky fag anyway. It needent come to blows, but if you cop an attitude, give it back.

Just be sure he’s not waiting in the carpark with his – um – ‘cousins’ when you leave….

#7796 Reply
    a4alex
    @a4alex

I could have arked up at this guy, but i’m a non-confrontational person (and quite a bit smaller than this guy).

The good bit about being told I was not allowed to use an unused piece of equipment at my own gym, was that I took out all my anger on the smith machine and produced a personal best!

#7797 Reply
    kinmassive
    @kinmassive

@stormtrooper wrote:

Guys like that are what’s commonly known as a cunt.

Ha ha yes they are! We have a woman at the gym I go to every now and then and she is exactly that. She tried it on me one time by leaving her towel on the leg curl machine, so i got on baby and sweated all over it and gave it a quick dry hump for good measure LOL! She never actually said anything but needless to say she won’t come near me when i am there.

Talking about gutless instructors, how’s this one grab yas? I got chastised by this pansy for using to many of the plates when I train! I have been asked to go and train in the olympic room where there is more weight…can you belive that shit!

#7798 Reply
    Dr J
    Dr J
    @Dr J

@kinmassive wrote:

gave it a quick dry hump for good measure LOL!

😆

#7799 Reply
    IAN
    @IAN

Ahh the towel Nazi’s-Once this old guy said to me wheres yer towel sonny!!-I said ”Trust me mate! What I’ve got a towel will not protect your from” 😆

#7800 Reply
    dave
    @dave

Km I would take that as a compliment.

#7801 Reply
    kinmassive
    @kinmassive

😆 I’ll take em when I can Dave ha ha. Off topic again, I have a meet tomorow so I’ll update results over the weekend or checkout the CAPO forum after a week. 8)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: gym etiquette
Your information: