Home Forums Sound Off Forum Re-opening Soon.

3 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Dr J Dr J 2 years, 7 months ago
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dr J
    Dr J
    @Dr J

Yeah!

Sometime April 2014.

#16894 Reply
    Dr J
    Dr J
    Keymaster
    @admin

Better late than never?

#17584 Reply

Pablo
    Participant
    @Pablo

Your comments on January 10th 2007 (sorry, only just found it!!) Re: Roger Walker, yes, it was indeed the City Gym roof. I trained with Roger the last few weeks before the “O” in 1980. (one of his Gumbies, as he unkindly stated in his Sadek interview. It certainly was an experience, & one I would not have wanted to miss. I lost contact with him when I moved back to the UK, & have often wondered what became of him. He was really quite an articulate guy, & before body-building was a musician (played the clarinet if my memory serves me well, it´s a long time ago now) He, & many others were well & truly ripped off at the 1980 Olympia as we all now know.

#17603 Reply
    Dr J
    Dr J
    Keymaster
    @admin

Yikes, I missed this.

Good to hear from you Pablo. I remember the original city gym well. I was a fresh faced lad from NZ and it was something I’d never seen before. At the time the weight room was on the second floor with aerobic on the ground floor. My training partner would dash to the balcony between sets to wink and wave at the girls.

Roger Walker would train on the second floor and do guest posing down stairs. I remember his training partner as a buxom young lady and when they were done they would retire to the roof for a ‘tanning’ session.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Forum Re-opening Soon.
Your information: